The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ugh

5 posters

Go down

Ugh        Empty Ugh

Post  Sara79 Thu 02 Jun 2011, 4:22 pm

I'm not a daily persistent migrainer, but I get at least an episode a week, and the most recent round just seems to fade a bit then come back and hit with a vengeance.

I had tried DH's maxalt, and it 'worked' to put a M back to a 2ish, so I didn't mention the migraine while doing a medication check at the doc's office, other than to get a script of my own.

Yesterday...I took meds to sleep with the storm that was going to hit during the night, since they are a trigger, then today took more meds when I woke up, had a bit more at work, warning a coworker that it might make me a little loopy, and finally went home with my manager's permission, and took the med that helps, but turns me into a zombie. Sleep (Please realize that I haven't taken 4 maxalt in 24 hours, I used the other non narc goodies that usually work)

After a nap, I feel a little better, but I'm still so photophobic that I'm wearing my sunglasses indoors.

Mostly I just needed to get this off my chest, and have someone who knows where I'm coming from, and who won't judge the amount of meds I've taken and then panic on my behalf. affraid

Does anyone have any advice? Tea and sympathy? If nothing else, thanks for listening. <hugs>

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Ugh        Empty Re: Ugh

Post  Paradox Thu 02 Jun 2011, 5:00 pm

I think many of us can sheepishly admit to being in the same spot. When I'm hurting so bad I don't always pay attention to what or how much I've taken. I just want it to stop. Plain and simple.

Before the migraines became chronic I NEVER understood how people could die from accidental overdoses. You take your prescribed amount and that's it. HA! Not when it doesn't let up and I'm treated like something on the bottom of a shoe at ERs.

I have told hubby to please understand that if anything ever happens to me to KNOW that it was an accident, that I wouldn't leave him. But, I don't bring stuff like that up much...he starts hovering.

Same thing with me today. Was sent home to sleep it off. The rainy weather is getting to me.
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Thu 02 Jun 2011, 5:30 pm

sweetie, former 60 to 120 Zomig per month here.
Certainly no judgment here.

At one point, with medicine being so ineffective treating M headaches, you gotta do what you gotta do to survive.

Have you tried knocking off the worst episodes by combining your triptan with your painkiller, narcotic or NSAID?

It works a lot better than either one alone.

Hugs, and don't beat yourself over taking one daily, kiddo.
Sorry about your suffering.
Ugh        Huggie11

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Thu 02 Jun 2011, 5:39 pm

Thank you Risa and Charlotte-

I do use a NSAID, naprosin at the prescription strength, with 1200mg Neurotin, since the two make each other more bio-available. That was what I meant when I said non-narcotic goodies, along with a nausea med

I also told DH that if I got really weird/bad, to call 911 (US emergency number) and tell them it's serotonin syndrome. (I'm on a SSRI as a preventative, and it's a possible issue)

I knew it would be understood and not condemned here, and I'm so glad there's a place to offload the emotional side of the migraines.

Take care of yourselves!

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Thu 02 Jun 2011, 8:17 pm

I totally get where you are at. I'm in the same situation. You need to do what works some times, and take the risk. I know it can be scary for me, but sometimes you just need to do it. Hope it helps you (and me too).
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LynelleH Fri 03 Jun 2011, 1:31 am

How are you feeling today? Any better?
LynelleH
LynelleH
One star
One star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Fri 03 Jun 2011, 7:01 am

My head is much better, thanks for asking. I did end up taking one more round of the neurotin, along with 2 of my few remaining darvocepts (pulled from the US market) to sleep. I'm in the postdome stage, but I feel like this may have finally gone away, whew.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Fri 03 Jun 2011, 1:37 pm

Good to hear that! :]

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down