The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scary symptom

+2
Migrainegirl
alli
6 posters

Go down

Scary symptom Empty Scary symptom

Post  alli Sat 04 Jun 2011, 10:28 am

Yesterday I had another episode of shaking only this time it was really scary. My right hand arm and leg started shaking only it wasn't the little tremor you get when your blood sugar drops. This was so bad that I could barely write. That is when I figured out something was really wrong. I was trying to write a note and it just wasn't happening. My boss drove me home as they wouldn't let me get behind the wheel.

Add in a little panic attack and it was not good at all. This went on for well over an hour and afterward the whole right side of my body just ached from shaking so hard. I thought is was an aura or prodome but there was no real head pain. My TN did go off quite a bit but since I was so stressed that doesn't surprise me. My body still aches today.

I'm thinking that it might have been some kind of a seizure as it was only on my right side. If it happens again, I will definitely see my doctor.

Has anyone else had anything like this happen?

I am so sick of my body freaking out on me... WHY???? can't it just work right?

alli
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Scary symptom Empty Re: Scary symptom

Post  Migrainegirl Sat 04 Jun 2011, 2:10 pm

My brothers migraine attacks look just like you have described. Almost like a seizure where he is unresponsive for a period of time. He has been diagnosed with occipital nueralgia. You might want to check into this with your neurologist.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  LynelleH Sat 04 Jun 2011, 5:01 pm

Sorry, Alli, that is frightening and frustrating. Hope you can get some answers.
LynelleH
LynelleH
One star
One star

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat 04 Jun 2011, 10:43 pm

Alli, I would definietly get that checked out. Sounds like a cross between a seizure and a stroke and neither one sound good!!

Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Mon 06 Jun 2011, 6:13 pm

Allie, how are you doing today? Are you okay? Has the episode repeated? (I hope not)

Did you went to see a doctor, if yes what did he/she said?
I hope you are doing well, sweetheart.

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche Fan Mon 06 Jun 2011, 8:46 pm

Wow, not pleasant at all.
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Tue 07 Jun 2011, 11:32 am

Well Good news... Went to see my doc as my leg was burning, stabbing, and aching like heck yesterday. I was afraid it had something to do with the shaking. I just have a bit of sciatica (if THAT can be good news!) She gave me some pain meds and I have to modify my workout for a few days til it feels better. I'm not having shooting pains today, just achy and a little burning.

The bad news is that she isn't sure what happened on Friday and if it happens again I am to go straight to the ER. It's very possible it was some sort of seizure or small stroke. But all my neurological functions are fine and there is no weakness other than my leg. The rest of my body is fine, or as fine as it can be with fibro and all.

Add in that I'm also on a two day migraine and it just gets better... it's a low grade one but still... I could do without it.

alli
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue 07 Jun 2011, 8:45 pm

No fair!!!! You're working out, doing what you're supposed too!!! That stinks.

But, I'm glad you got it checked out. Mommy Charlotte feels much relieved.
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Wed 08 Jun 2011, 9:48 am

Yeah ... it kind of sucks that even when you do what you are supposed to do, you still have pain. But I do have to say that my pain levels are less than half of what it used to be so working out does help a lot. It's just not a cure all.

alli
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down