The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is my age (intolerance) showing?

4 posters

Go down

Is my age (intolerance) showing? Empty Is my age (intolerance) showing?

Post  Paradox Tue 07 Jun 2011, 11:02 pm

My niece is getting married for the second time. She and her two sons moved in with the new boyfriend and his three kids before getting divorced from the first husband.

She and her fiancé do not have the proverbial pot, yet they are planning a formal wedding. Mind you, when she left her first husband her mother was still paying off the loan for the first wedding.

I'm feeling old and judgmental in that I don't want to go and see her walking down the aisle AGAIN when I feel that money should be used for the kids college funds. Her folks are NOT footing the bill again.

So I was told the other day, " well, it's her second wedding but it's his first". Oh, silly me, I guess the THREE kids threw me off. He was living with one woman, call her Lisa, and had two kids. Left her for Cindy, but had a brief reconciliation with Lisa that resulted in baby #3. Then he went back to Cindy.

And is now with my niece. They have split up once in the year they were living together because he was cheating. What a surprise. Rolling Eyes

Yet, my son says I'll be the bad guy if I boycott. I'm not gonna make a big deal about it, just fall down and break my leg the day before or something.

Used to be I wouldn't think twice, que sera sera. Am I getting old and cranky that I don't feel like putting out for another wedding ?
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Is my age (intolerance) showing? Empty Re: Is my age (intolerance) showing?

Post  Enigma Wed 08 Jun 2011, 9:40 am

Don't go. Why do you have to follow stupid down the isle with a smile painted on your face.

Okay, I'm feeling old and cranky too. But isn't this why we live longer lives so we have the wisdom to recognize a train wreck and choose not to go for the ride?

Really, would they miss you? It's a neice and probably just looking for stuff. My own children I will put up with more crap, BUT, I also get to be more open and vocal with them. I would tell them what I think and be able to guide them. However, Family further down the line; I can't say as much so I don't put up with as much.

Sorry if you were looking for encouragement to go. If you like, I can change my tune and give you reasons for that too. I'm sure I can find a few. Spending time with other family members comes to mind.

That is my take on it.
Enigma
Enigma
One star
One star

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed 08 Jun 2011, 3:25 pm

Nope, Enigma, your answer is just fine. I finally got my hubby of 28 years to realize that when I ask for an opinion I want an honest one, not the one he THINKS I want to hear. Cause if I'm just going to do what I want anyway, I won't bother to ask for an opinion.

So...thank you...I appreciate your opinion!

Very Happy
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Wed 08 Jun 2011, 7:04 pm

So...just don't "put out" for it. Smile
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche Fan Wed 08 Jun 2011, 10:12 pm

if there's an open bar, i'd go.

if not, the liquor stores always sell small quantities of vodka, scotch, whiskey, or tequilla.

pick you poison!

lol at "put out." good one milo.
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum