The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby shower...

2 posters

Go down

Baby shower... Empty Baby shower...

Post  Cluelesskitty Fri 17 Jun 2011, 4:24 pm

I am invited to a friend's baby shower, yay!

I have no idea what would be a really great gift for a first year of the baby's life nowadays?
I would like to buy something that is always so wanted but hardly ever given, even if it just a luxury thing
but oh so desired!

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Baby shower... Empty Re: Baby shower...

Post  Paradox Sat 18 Jun 2011, 6:26 pm

When I first saw this recently I thought "how over the top, ridiculous, I carried my baby ten miles in the snow barefoot to school....," oh um, no, but you get the drift.

Then I used it. There weren't any tears during the diaper change because I did not put a ice cold baby wipe against the babies nice warm tushie. Yup, it a butt wipe warmer! This one even has a night lite!

"http://www.walmart.com/ip/Munchkin-Warm-Glow-Wipes-Warmer/8032825?findingMethod=rr

So, not something you would think of as necessary, but definitely a useful luxury.

My eldest son always find it necessary to give a product called "Butt Paste". You know, just for the elegance and all. Rolling Eyes
http://www.amazon.com/Boudreauxs-Butt-Paste-oz-Jar/dp/tech-data/B0009RF8G0
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:05 am

That's a great idea, Charlotte, many thanks!!

I love you

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon 20 Jun 2011, 5:23 pm

If this is someone close to you and you want to spend more $$ my mother gave me the best baby present ever. She paid for a cleaning lady to come to the house once a week for six months. You could do it for the first month maybe. Or even have someone come in once but do a through cleaning right before the babe is born when Mom is huge with baby, wanting to nest but can't get in to the nooks and crannies. Plus Mom is sometimes getting bored at this point, anxious just waiting for the stork to come and supervising a good cleaning might be a good distraction.

I was so disappointed when the six months was up. I LOVED having a cleaning lady. I'm not very good at keeping the house picked up but hubby and I really upped our game and started keeping it that way, knowing that once a week we had to pick up anyway.

(that was a battle at first, explaining to hubby that yes, we had to clean for the cleaning lady. It was not her job to pick up dirty socks off the floor. I also could never have them do toilets. I always did them. My son couldn't aim tom save his life and it didn't seem right to ask a stranger to clean that up).

Someday I'll have my cleaning lady again. Even is only in my dreams.
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Mon 20 Jun 2011, 10:45 pm

Thanks sweetie.
I might spend more money indeed, as this person is the wife of my G-F son's
but no I don't know what their home care circumstances will be once the baby comes,
so no I'd rather stick to the stuff like the butt warmers etc Smile

if you -anybody- have more ideas I'd love to hear of them!

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down