The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

anxiety/ frustration with Migraine

2 posters

Go down

anxiety/ frustration with Migraine Empty anxiety/ frustration with Migraine

Post  sconesail Sat 29 Oct 2011, 2:46 pm

Hi All,

Lately, for the past six weeks or so, I have found that I tend to get very anxious when the pain level is high. I also tend to get very frustrated from both the migraines and the fainting.Several times over the last few weeks, I found myself crying-even though I don't know why I am crying (it usually happens when I am tired and worn out from fighting this headache. I haven't switched meds or anything. I am just tired of this.

Today, I was sitting on the sofa attempting to read and my vision got blurry, then I had double vision, and the fact that I couldn't even read a book just made me anry and frustrated. I simply sat on the sofa and cried for a bit. Even my roommate noticed that I have been crying more than usual recently- she did say it was ok to cry. She is very supportive.

I am sure that part of this anxiety and frustration is due to the fact that we don't have a clear diagnosis of the fainting and there isn't anything I can do about it. The migraines are frustrating because they have been pretty bad recently.

Any one else have this?

Pain free days,
sconesail

sconesail
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

anxiety/ frustration with Migraine Empty Re: anxiety/ frustration with Migraine

Post  Migrainegirl Sat 29 Oct 2011, 8:54 pm

It could be that you are just tired and frustrated. But I find that I can go nearly to tears before one even comes on. It is part of the seratonin drop that accompanies migraine. I also read that the same area of the brain that processes pain also handles emotions in women (they are different in men). So crying for no reason seems to be part of this.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down