The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ahhh...Christmas day trip to ER!

3 posters

Go down

Ahhh...Christmas day trip to ER! Empty Ahhh...Christmas day trip to ER!

Post  steph Tue 27 Dec 2011, 8:53 pm

santa First of all Happy Holidays! I had quite the experience on Christmas day! I had to go to the ER for a migraine. I was fortunate to get a Dr that gave me what i asked for and needed! Even a little extra! I believe this was in part because my BP when I walked in was 160/110! (I normally have a normal BP!) There was a fiasco starting an IV but these veins are about shot, so I am not surprised.

Anyways I was only there for a little over an hour. It has been 3-4 years since I have had to go ER for a migraine. Looking back I think the stress of the holidays and just doing too much may have been the reason for it. I am hoping this is not the re-start of something awful. This was a Baaaaddd one and I really wanted to just die! I am feeling better, just really drained and agitated. A little worried that they will come back and be like that everyday. I have no idea how I was able to live like that before and for so long.
steph
steph
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Ahhh...Christmas day trip to ER! Empty Re: Ahhh...Christmas day trip to ER!

Post  Migrainegirl Tue 27 Dec 2011, 10:58 pm

So glad it was at least a successful ER trip, and not one of the infuriating ones. I hope you were able to enjoy the day somewhat with your son after it was over.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Wed 28 Dec 2011, 7:50 pm

Happy Holidays, Steph! Smile

Sorry you had to spend it in ER. But what a nice surprise for a change- a happy ER story!
Glad they treated you with decency.

I, too, think it was from all that stress and being overworked preparing the holiday that did you in.
It's very common for us around major "feast-days", I'll bet, to get more M episodes.

Exertion, undersleeping, eating things we normally wouldn't- so many triggers, hmmm.
Hope you are feeling better today!

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down