The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Retirement gift ideas

3 posters

Go down

Retirement gift ideas Empty Retirement gift ideas

Post  milo Sat 12 May 2012, 8:53 pm

Someone very, very dear to me has just decided to retire. The team would like to get her a gift together and I'm in charge of trying to find it. The thoughts are some type of necklace. Does anyone have any great ideas?

Together I'm sure we can look at about 300.00
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Retirement gift ideas Empty Re: Retirement gift ideas

Post  kimsmom Sun 13 May 2012, 2:19 pm

Other ideas can be a beautiful Lenox vase or Waterford crystal. That way she can always look at it and remember her days working with all of her coworkers.

I would have loved something like that but unfortunatly I got something that I could never use or keep. Not that I am saying this to be ungrateful. Just to say that something that is lovely to look at, and remember and tell friends about where she got it from, is nice.

Just my two cents. Let me know what you come up with.
kimsmom
kimsmom
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Sun 13 May 2012, 4:02 pm

If you have time, I think also a scrap book with pictures of coworkers - certainly the closest ones -
would be something much appreciated.
We often give simply material things, but sometimes a truly great is something we can look at and reminiscence
at great time we had together.

If you are crafty, or someone you know is crafty, with some old pictures or even just a current ones,
a really nifty scrapbook can be whipped up.

I would vote for a necklace. A vase is a risque, unless you know your friend's taste precisely.

What kind of jewelery she likes? Modern, Victorian, romantic, bead...?
I love Swarovski. It's brand name that eventually is collectible, so it never loses it's worth, too.

This is gorgeous!
http://www.swarovski.com/Web_US/en/1128117/product/Ragtime_Necklace.html?CatalogCategoryName=0108!

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Mon 14 May 2012, 8:37 pm

She is like a mother to me. Since I have the time off right now, a scrapbook may be exactly what I should be working on for her. I'll send an email out to see if anyone has photos.

She is simple in her taste, nothing flashy. For some reason I keep thinking a diamond pendant. I have access to local jewlery makers, actual metalsmiths, so maybe a custom necklace? I keep picturing a simple solitaire in yellow or rose gold. She wears yellow, so maybe rose is too high a risk? I'd personally get white gold but she wears yellow.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Tue 15 May 2012, 3:13 am

A diamond could be a good idea yeah but if she likes simplicity perhaps something in modern setting, then.
Not rosey, white or yellow. Platinum is great.

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down