The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rebound Migraines

2 posters

Go down

Rebound Migraines Empty Rebound Migraines

Post  7777Trinity Thu 11 Oct 2012, 10:17 am

Did you know that Xanax can cause rebound migraines? It's true. Many people use this medication or ones similar to off set the effects of a vaso constrictor used to abort migraine, like Relpax, Imitrex, Frova, Axert etc. While Xanax does help relieve the tightening of muscles, it also sets you up for rebound migraine, usually within 1-2 days. If you can; avoid using Xanax, Valium, Ativan etc.

Find other ways to relieve those tightened muscles, hot bath, heating pad and massage do make a difference. Smile

Trying to live as drug free as possible Smile

Trinity
7777Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Rebound Migraines Empty Re: Rebound Migraines

Post  Cluelesskitty Thu 11 Oct 2012, 4:21 pm

Yeah, I suppose it's possible.
According to the doctors, and the dependable drug information on the 'net, practically any given medication can cause a rebound
if you take it long enough.

However, certainly some more than others.

Xanax and its well know propensity to easily habit forming and then a heII to quit it, always scared me to death,
I never wanted to take it and never will. Ever.

Kudos to you to giving it the boot, no matter what it cost you.

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  7777Trinity Thu 11 Oct 2012, 7:04 pm

Cluelesskitty wrote:Yeah, I suppose it's possible.
According to the doctors, and the dependable drug information on the 'net, practically any given medication can cause a rebound
if you take it long enough.

However, certainly some more than others.

Xanax and its well know propensity to easily habit forming and then a heII to quit it, always scared me to death,
I never wanted to take it and never will. Ever.

Kudos to you to giving it the boot, no matter what it cost you.

Risa
Thanks Risa...everyday is better. I think more clearly and function physically better as well. HUGE learning curve here for me. Smile I want to be free of every medication possible. Right now I have whittled it back to Synthroid (had thyroid cancer), Lisonopril (migraine preventative) Relpax (abort migraines) Phenegren (nausea). Motrin for aches and pain. As a last ditch choice I have tylenol #3 if the Relpax doesn't kill it. I've used that maybe 3 times in the last month.

Working hard to get control over what has had control over me.....meds and migraines Smile

7777Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Thu 11 Oct 2012, 11:55 pm

Thanks Risa...everyday is better.

Hey, no problem, Smile

I hope you don't mind me saying this, but I was wondering why are you quoting everyone every time in your replies?
Just wanted to let you know, as for me, it is not necessary, sweetie.
I was wondering because nobody but you does that Smile

I was also wondering if you haven't noticed that while replying, you can scroll down to see all the previous messages in case you forgot
what was said, or just wanted to copy/paste just a paragraph?
You can do it even while doing a post preview. Just in case if you didn't noticed that.

I wasn't going to say anything ever,
but today I had trouble figuring out your post for a little while before I noticed your reply is included in the quote, lol Laughing
You were probably tired, eh?

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  7777Trinity Fri 12 Oct 2012, 6:30 am

Hey Risa:
I was using the quote so folks would know who I was responding to, but like you said its not necessary. I can just put their name. Thanks for the heads up on that. I apologize if this bothered someone.
Trinity
7777Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Sat 13 Oct 2012, 7:11 pm

Oh, I thought you might have not noticed about the scrolling down thing that can be still done while replying!

Not that I thought you aren't bright enough or something - heavens, no,
just that sometimes one silliest, simplest thing can be overlooked or forgot and it can happen to the best of us Smile

You are right, instead of bothering with multiple icon clicking, just addressing the person to whom you are replying is sufficient enough.

Thanks for an explanation, Trinity, and your understanding I love you

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down