The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Botox injections- preleminary results

3 posters

Go down

Botox injections- preleminary results Empty Botox injections- preleminary results

Post  sconesail Sun 10 Mar 2013, 6:27 pm

Hi All,

Well, I saw my new neuro last week and he did Botox injections. I had them two times before- but that was about ten years ago.

They have changed the way they do them- I remember getting only one or two shots in the forehead and one or two in the occipital region when they were done previously (2003). This time, he did several injections in the forehead, in both temples, in the occipital region (he was very careful about the stimulator), and two in the neck.

So far, this, along with the stimulator and medication seems to be helping some. (I am knocking on wood, making the sign of the cross and praying as I write this.) I haven't had to take as much pain medication since the injections and have been able to do a little more. The fainting is unchanged, but this is good news.

I hope it continues. I go back in six weeks for follow up and in 3 mos for repeat injections should these work.

Pain free days,
sconesaill

sconesail
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Botox injections- preleminary results Empty Re: Botox injections- preleminary results

Post  Platypus Sun 10 Mar 2013, 11:19 pm

Yep, there is a new protocol for Botox administration.

Glad you are getting some relief!
Platypus
Platypus
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Botox injections- preleminary results Empty Re: Botox injections- preleminary results

Post  30yrsofheadache Tue 12 Mar 2013, 3:44 am

Scone, I am glad to hear you have found something to help your pain. I hope it continues to get better.
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down