The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone tried these glasses?

3 posters

Go down

Has anyone tried these glasses? Empty Has anyone tried these glasses?

Post  30yrsofheadache Fri 06 Sep 2013, 3:31 pm

www.axonoptics.com I saw a link to these glasses on another migraine site and looked into it. It sounds like a possibility for me as I get intense eye pain with most migraines. They have a special tint (pink) for indoor use and also have outdoor and transitional lenses. I would try the transitional one with a light frame. Dont want to throw away more money, so I would only try if someone I knew had good results. I have wasted soooo much money on things that seem good, but just dont work for me.Embarassed 
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Has anyone tried these glasses? Empty Re: Has anyone tried these glasses?

Post  milo Sun 15 Sep 2013, 11:22 pm

I'm very tempted to try them!!!! I'll let you know if I do. Smile
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Mon 16 Sep 2013, 9:34 pm

I'm not sold on their website. The research articles are a joke and the reviews seem made up. Having said that, like all of us, I'm desperate. I'm thinking about trying out a pair of my own decent sunglasses while at work to see if they do the same trick. I guess I'll just close my office door more often. Lol.

I think if I were able to go to a brick and mortar I'd be more apt to go in and purchase, I'm just a bit weary of the online site. Hmmmmm
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Tue 17 Sep 2013, 6:51 pm

I took my pink tinted sunglasses to work today to give them a try before I blow 2-3 hundred bucks. I have to say that putting them on and off between contact with coworkers created more head pain than the effects of wearing them. I lasted about an hour then gave up. I left them there so I can try again. One coworker kinda yelled " are you wearing sunglasses???" To which I replied "yes"
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Wed 18 Sep 2013, 4:58 am

My problem with just ordering off the Internet is that most glasses squeeze my head and cause migraine. It takes a long time for me to find sunglasses or reading glasses that dont. Cool  Why cant things just be easy for a while?
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  tortoisegirl Wed 18 Sep 2013, 6:49 pm

I think its definitely something to try if your migraines seem to be triggered in this way, or if you just get a lot of light sensitivity with them. Can these types of glasses be ordered from anywhere with a money back guarantee / return policy? I see that company and Theraspecs offer 45 day returns (minus shipping and prescriptions). Only being out the shipping costs may make the risk seem more bearable.

There are several companies out there that sell tinted glasses for migraine folks. There is some scientific data out there about specific tints being helpful for some folks. I'd Google the "F41" rose tint. This topic has intrigued me, but its not something I need. Best wishes.

tortoisegirl
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum