The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I really, really need help with a woman's issue

+3
Angela
Paradox
milo
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I really, really need help with a woman's issue - Page 2 Empty I really, really need help with a woman's issue

Post  milo Sun 31 Oct 2010, 5:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

Not to exclude anyone, but this topic will likely not interest any males on the forum. You have been warned. lol

I am so sick right now. I know I'm talking to an empty forum, but I need to ask for help, even if it goes unheard.

I have been dealing with abnormal results from my last ultrasound which means I'll need another surgery, which I most definately don't have time for.

My period disappeared for three months, then I started spotting a bit after I started a supplement called estrosmart.

Twice now, I've had HEAVY, HEAVY, HEAVY bleeding with other large unmentionables. Last night I woke at three AM with the entire bed soaked through three full layers of covers. Something is very wrong. When I got up I was dizzy from having lost so much blood and it just wouldn't stop.

I probably should have called an ambulance but I just didn't have it in me to deal with ER and of course I know half the people in either hospital near my home.

My doctor is moving offices and not open on Sunday. I'm still waiting to hear back from the surgeons...which, in Canada could take another year or more.

I'm frustrated. I've never had these symptoms before, even though I've had many past surgeries for issues in the same area.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

I really, really need help with a woman's issue - Page 2 Empty Re: I really, really need help with a woman's issue

Post  Cluelesskitty Fri 25 Mar 2011, 4:01 pm

I don't envy you the anxiety. Nothing really helps with it, except when it's over.

It's gonna be alright, Milo. It sure is not a picnic in the park, it's surgery and ablation, but you gonna be alright.

Have you talked about the pain management afterwards? That's what I would most concerned and demanding about.

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

I really, really need help with a woman's issue - Page 2 Empty Re: I really, really need help with a woman's issue

Post  Cluelesskitty Mon 04 Apr 2011, 11:15 pm

It's been awhile.
How are you doing now, Milo?

Hope everything is healing nicely...?

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Tue 05 Apr 2011, 1:20 pm

I think I may be doing ok now, still have healing to do, but the bleeding has stopped. I'm very happy about that!
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Tue 05 Apr 2011, 3:17 pm

That's a very positive sign cheers

Wishing you the healing progresses well!

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Wed 13 Apr 2011, 9:01 pm

I'm confused. I feel like I'm PMSing. Well, actually, I am PMSing...I'm just surprised cus the surgery was supposed to stop all that. Hmmmmm
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed 13 Apr 2011, 10:04 pm

You didn't have a oopherectomy did you? If you still have your ovaries wouldn't you still PMS? Question
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Wed 13 Apr 2011, 10:57 pm

I've only got one defunk one left. Sad
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Thu 14 Apr 2011, 12:50 am

Sometimes it is how the prodrome manifest before a bit$h of all M hits with full force..
I sincerely hope it's not that, though.

Otherwise, I would suspect if you are supposed to have your menses as usual, then maybe you are just going
to have your regular period soon? I am so sorry, I know how PMS sucks.

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Thu 14 Apr 2011, 10:17 am

No, I shouldn't be able to have a period anymore. But, having done some reading, I see that some people still go through the motions minus the actual period.

I have no idea what my cycle would be, because I bled non-stop for five months...so who knows. I guess I'll mark this on my calender and see what happens in a month again. Thankfully it has not yet progressed into a migraine.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Fri 15 Apr 2011, 6:48 pm

I see, and so the mystery is solved, then.

So I guess this hormonal stuff takes time, is all. But sooner or later you will get rid of PMS.
It's similar to menopause, I suppose...
But most important, - it's normal, whew!! and nothing alarming is going on with you, thanks be to the divine.

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Fri 15 Apr 2011, 8:42 pm

Cus lord knows I don't need anything else to go wrong at this point!!!!!! lol
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kimsmom Fri 15 Apr 2011, 9:55 pm

When I had ablation done my doctor told me one of two things will happen. I will either never have a period again or it will be very light compaired to what I was having which was awful. I passed out from loss of blood and huge unmentionalbles as you called it was going on for about three days of my period.

I ended up with light periods after that which compaired to what I had was wonderful. I was in my mid 40's when I had it done if that helpd. PMSing was not an issue at that point to me.

Hope that helps. Sounds like so far so good with you. I will keep my fingers crossed. I am sure not bleeding is a relief in itself.
kimsmom
kimsmom
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Fri 15 Apr 2011, 11:11 pm

Yes, just having the bleeding stop hase been such a relief. I'm still having discharge...kinda like I pee myself once or twice a day, but there is no blood and it's a fabulous change from the non stop heavy bleeding.

So far I am very happy to have had it done. I suppose it is a bit premature, but I'm feeling like it was the right choice.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Sun 08 May 2011, 12:07 pm

Thought I'd update.

Everything is the same as last time I posted. I go through the motions of a period but don't actually bleed. I suppose you could say I spot, but really nothing you could call bleeding. My period pains suck though, and for the first time ever I'm breaking out quite badly on my face. I used to get one or two pimples before my period, but now I'm really getting a bad breakout.

At this point I'm still very happy to have done the procedure. Fingers still crossed for a long, good response.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Tue 10 May 2011, 3:58 pm

Sorry about the cramps, and the break outs. I hate the hormonal skin problems, too.
I'm 54, and still get them, too!

Hopefully it will sort if self out over the time.
Probably need more like a year or so to completely settle down.

How do you compare the cramps now and before? are they are less painful now?

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2