The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OOooowwww!

4 posters

Go down

OOooowwww! Empty OOooowwww!

Post  Sara79 Mon 18 Apr 2011, 5:08 am

Sorry all, this is mostly a tea and sympathy thread, and I feel so self pitying for posting it. However, I figure we all need some tea and sympathy every now and again, so here's my cranky post.

I regularly get migraines, but they're usually very responsive to meds and I try not to let them interfere with life too much. Yesterday, I woke up with a minor migraine, which I blamed on staying out a little later and eating some different foods at my family's Easter get together. I took a round of my normal stuff and after a nap, went about my day with minor pain and the typical light sensitivity.

Around bedtime, the M flared and I ended up taking a round of minor things (no triptan or cafergot), to try to sleep. I barely managed three hours of sleep, and woke up around an 8 on the pain scale, and just barely avoided the results of the nausea.

I'm currently keeping a round of the full meds down, barely, and I'm trying really hard to focus on this to block out the pain and the itchy feeling the full round of meds gives me (not an allergic reaction, but I get the creeepy crawlies under my skin as the cafergot kicks in).

I have to be in class in about five hours and this is the morning I have breakfast with my grandmother, the family all takes turns looking in on her and making sure she's taking her meds. Then school, we have group presentations, and I'm just grateful I'm not the one talking, as the florescent lighting is probably going to end up making my M even worse.

Then, I have to work...I know it's a full plate, but I knew I would have one when I went back to school. Most days, I can handle it and the M fine, but every now and again this happens...I may just end up missing school so I can try to nap. I hate to be gone, but I'm really struggling right now.

I hope your day is better than mine's looking to be, take care ya'all

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

OOooowwww! Empty Re: OOooowwww!

Post  Cluelesskitty Mon 18 Apr 2011, 4:30 pm

{{{ I am so SO sorry for you dear Sara ! }}}

I am 54 years old now and spent all my time at home, but I oh so well remember days when I had to go to work
with raging M and tears in my eyes, more crouching than walking,
wondering if I will make it to the work w/o throwing up in the bus.

My sympathy goes out to you. I hope your day won't be as bad as you think it will be, the meds will work and abort
the episode.
What kind of work do you do? Can't somebody cover for you, and you can re-pay some other time?

Don't feel bad if you have to miss either school or work or both. It's beyond your control,
and you anyway strike me as a very disciplined girl who doesn't give in easily.
So if it's a bedtime, it's a bedtime for you, sweetie.

Although I hope you are much, much better by now.

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Mon 18 Apr 2011, 9:52 pm

Thank you Risa,

I did skip school, but made it into work and through my shift. I work retail and since I'm responsible for closing the till, I only have one person who can cover me. She's scheduled to where if she covers me, I have to cover her while either I'm in school, or right after I've finished my scheduled shift, so it wasn't possible today. After our other co-worker gets back from a medical leave, things will get easier.

Take care!

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Tue 19 Apr 2011, 12:54 am

Oh, I see. I am glad you could do it to and through the work, though.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day - fingers crossed and fresh good vibes send!

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Tue 19 Apr 2011, 10:00 am

It's so tough to get through some times, particularly when you have a lot on your plate and you have situations like you do where no one can cover for you when you are down and out. I hope you are feeling better. Smile
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Tue 19 Apr 2011, 11:10 am

I am mostly Milo, I've got the postdome 'hangover', but I'm beginning to feel human again.

Thanks

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Tue 19 Apr 2011, 11:11 am

Thank goodness for that! It's so tough sometimes isn't it? Hang in there.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue 19 Apr 2011, 6:35 pm

Sara, I've had those days where I have no idea how I powered through work. I generally sleep for days afterward. I'm so grateful I didn't have any more than one a month when I was in school and working.

Hope you're better today. Can you share what you're studying?
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Tue 19 Apr 2011, 9:00 pm

I'm studying to be a respiratory therapist, and I'm about 2 weeks away from finals, so I know the stress is ramping up. After this I have one more semester and I graduate, so I finally feel like I'm beginning to know what I'm doing.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Tue 19 Apr 2011, 9:09 pm

Yaaaaayyyyyyy!!!! You will totally make it! I just know you will. You are just one short semester away from being done and then you can relax a bit and say goodbye to your retail job. The feeling of getting through this will be soooooooo awesome! You are so close. Yay you for getting through a tough program while dealing with the migraine monster. ( I was lucky enough to get the m's after university).
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum