The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sell my motorbike and buy a scooter?

2 posters

Go down

Sell my motorbike and buy a scooter? Empty Sell my motorbike and buy a scooter?

Post  milo Tue 19 Apr 2011, 8:42 pm

My new job location is much further away from my current location. I bought my home to be close to work and I have been relocated. (insert swear word here) So I now have a sweet sports car and I've been relocated. The cost of gas is out of control.

My new car takes a lot of gas cus it's a sports car. I also have a motorbike, which I'm a tiny bit scared of because it's really powerful. I'm thinking of buying a scooter to commute on...but I can't decide. I found a really cute one for a very reasonable price. I'd keep my car insured and ride on the fair weather days, saving myself a tonne of money on gas.

I mean...my car is really quite bad on gas...but perhaps I feel that way because my last car was fabulous on gas...and NOT a sports car at all. I

I think I'd enjoy riding a scooter in and out of work...at least on the not-so-rainy days. I'm just not sure that I'll ride it enough to make it work the cost.

Hmmmm...anyone here commute on a motorcycle or scooter? I live in a huge city but I'd be able to take a route suitable for a scooter.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sell my motorbike and buy a scooter? Empty Re: Sell my motorbike and buy a scooter?

Post  Cluelesskitty Wed 20 Apr 2011, 12:59 am

I hardly got out of the house anymore, but I am sure if I did, then
being presented with the choice of TWO moving vehicles, not one but two,
I would definitely be practical and chose one to be cheap on gas.

One for the heart, one for the pocket :]

This way you can have a little of both worlds, and reduce the expenses.

Let's be realistic - you need one sporty car to have some pleasure in life.
You need one sensible vehicle to commute but not live broke by insane gas prices nowadays.

also, from what you wrote looks a bit like you are not going to be doing a lot of riding on this present bike anyway.
(I am impressed you even HAVE IT, though!!)
so it makes more sense to exchange for something you will do use, no?

Good luck with whatever decision you'll make, Milo

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sell my motorbike and buy a scooter? Empty Re: Sell my motorbike and buy a scooter?

Post  milo Wed 20 Apr 2011, 11:28 am

Ahhhh...the motorbike....it's a collectors, it's lovely, but if you remember, I blew out my knee...and one needs to have the use of two good knees when trying to handle a large bike. I've decided that there is no way I'll be able to manage it until my leg is back to normal...which could be never. I am not about to give that bike up though...it's too nice to let go. Smile
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Wed 20 Apr 2011, 3:45 pm

lolol

It's a given that whatever advice is offered, the exact opposite is always done Very Happy

I do that, too!

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum