The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranoia and/ or guilt

+2
Enigma
alli
6 posters

Go down

Paranoia and/ or guilt Empty Paranoia and/ or guilt

Post  alli Mon 25 Apr 2011, 9:49 am

I've noticed that when I have a migraine attack and sometimes preceding an attack, that I have bouts of paranoia or intense guilt. I worry that my boyfriend is secretly mad at me because I'm sick again. He doesn't do or say anything to justify this feeling. I write it off as part of the migraine attack and am wondering if anyone else has episodes like this. I tell myself that it is the migraine but it is still disconcerting.

Sometimes the feelings are overwhelming and when I am in the car when they hit, it gets a bit scary as I am afraid that the car won't stop in time, people are going to drift into my lane, etc...

Anyone else deal with this? What do you do?

alli
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Paranoia and/ or guilt Empty Re: Paranoia and/ or guilt

Post  Enigma Mon 25 Apr 2011, 12:24 pm

I take an Ativan and relax.

I reationalize that there is not a darn thing I can do about having a migraine, or other people's opinion's.

I justify the Ativan in moment's like this as in I've tried to relax on my own, but am struggling, and the muscle relaxant helps me sleep later which aids in recovery.

Put your faith in yourself, and your partner and let go of the struggle.
Enigma
Enigma
One star
One star

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon 25 Apr 2011, 10:09 pm

Hmm....I had not put it together with a Migraine, But...

With the storms it's been a terrible month for me with that. Lst weekend I sat and had a talk with hubby and told him to please not get mad, but the I was having an irrational fear that he was having a affair. He started to get a little perturbed un til I reiterated the IRRATIONAL.

My hubby is loyal and has never given me any excuse to think he's stepping out, yet the feeling was over whelming to the point I wanted to cry. I don't understand.

Why can't I just think of butterfies or rainbows?
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Tue 26 Apr 2011, 1:17 am

Hmm...
I used to get these rages and really bad temper tantrums right before M episodes.
The slightest thing would set me off and I would start screaming, yelling, sofa table punching,
badly swearing cursing hubby off and for whatever.

But, like, I had no control over it, like there was a switch in my head that just popped and I couldn't stop
nor get back to being right again.

It was very hard to control when my child was little, but I did hold it off as long as I could.
When she got older I explained it is like an seizure in an epileptic, a part of M manifestation, and I just can't help it.

Now we are a family of screamers.

Yet another way M takes a toll on us Sad

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Paranoia and/ or guilt Empty happens to me, too

Post  lentils Tue 26 Apr 2011, 7:47 am

I used to get raging mad. My kids are 20 and 25 and have left home, so no one to get mad at, except husband from time to time, now it seems hardly worth the effort.
The other types of irrational thinking that I get, like irrational fears, remind me of Obsessive Compulsive disorders, like my mind is stuck in a groove. I just recognize it for what it is, that it is irrational, that it is obsessive and I need to stop thinking about it. Sometimes it's difficult. Learning to meditate and to relax is helpful, even if it is done at a later time. The more practice I get recognizing and trying to get myself out of his state the easier it gets.
My husband did have an affair, so from time to time I feel like I need to sit him down and question the hell out him, until I satisfy myself that he is not still messing around. I still look through receipts etc, but not as much as I used to.

lentils
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Fri 06 May 2011, 11:01 pm

I totally know what you're talking about.

Sometimes hubby tells me he takes what I say with a grain of salt, because I was "acting weird", or what I was saying was "just weird". It makes me distrust what comes out of my mouth during these times, and sometimes I regret it later. But oftentimes it's beyond my control, so overwhelming, like it just bursts forth out of my mouth. All the more reason to seek my quiet, dark room and retreat from communicating with anyone. I definitely don't like being like this.

This is one of the most difficult parts of migraine for me to deal with, but it's comforting to know I'm not the only one, and that I'm not crazy.

Thanks so much for posting this topic.

tecky
tecky
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down