The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Too many books...what to read first?

4 posters

Go down

Too many books...what to read first? Empty Too many books...what to read first?

Post  Paradox Wed 11 May 2011, 1:49 pm

Okay, started "My Life" by Keith Richards. I also have "The Floor of Heaven : a true tale of the last frontier and the Yukon Gold Rush " by Howard Blum, "Lost in Shangri-La: a true story of survival, adventure, and the most incredible rescue mission of World War II" by Mitchell Zuckoff, and (don't think I'm crazy, it's interesting!) "Damning the Innocent : a history of the persecution of the impotent in pre-revolutionary France" by Pierre Darmon.

I don't know where to start!!!! I hate when all my books come in through Interlibrary Loan at once!

I'm leaning towards "Lost in Shangri-La".

What's everyone else reading?
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Too many books...what to read first? Empty books

Post  lentils Wed 11 May 2011, 5:18 pm

I want to read "Life", but I haven't come across a copy of it yet. I just finished the Tina Fey book. I read that in an afternoon. So now I'm going back to "Wolf Hall", which is supposed to be good, but it is taking me forever to get through the 600 pages or so. I've been reading it off and on since Christmas! Also reading "Migraine in Women".

lentils
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Too many books...what to read first? Empty Re: Too many books...what to read first?

Post  Jewishmother Wed 11 May 2011, 8:01 pm

reading Cutting for Stone and just finished Those Who Save Us...............I get a lot of reading done late at night when I can't sleep!

Jewishmother
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Too many books...what to read first? Empty Re: Too many books...what to read first?

Post  30yrsofheadache Thu 12 May 2011, 4:39 am

Cant help you with your pick, I dont read much non-fiction. The Shangri-La one sounds good, though. I am reading "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet" and am enoying it. My next read will be a mystery about Lyme disease! Cant wait to start that one. Weird, huh?
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu 12 May 2011, 1:42 pm

Lentils....did you like Feys "Bossypants"? I absolutely loved it. There was one reference to Judy Garland that I almost choked over it was so apropos. But, you had to be of a certain age to understand it.
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Too many books...what to read first? Empty Bossypants

Post  lentils Fri 27 May 2011, 7:38 am

Charlotte,
I sent a lengthy reply to your query a long time ago and I guess it didn't post. I read that book in an afternoon and it made me laugh out loud, esp the letter to her daughter. I am old enough to remember the Judy Garland TV shows and she was always high on something. My friend is currently reading my copy of the book. She went to the same high school as Tina and lived in the same neighborhood.

lentils
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri 27 May 2011, 9:26 am

Lentils, I HATE when that happens. Cause then you don't feel like re writing your response.

The Shangra La book is just okay. I'm also reading "Lies that Chelsea Handler Told me". I'm not in a very serious mood lately.
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down