The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pilates - Anyone tried it?

5 posters

Go down

Pilates - Anyone tried it? Empty Pilates - Anyone tried it?

Post  Topix Wed 03 Nov 2010, 1:54 am

Yesterday night I took my first lesson of Pilates.
It's GREAT!!!!
As a runner, I tend to overload my lumbar muscles and my spine. Pilates seems to be the perfect antidote to muscle contractions and back pain.

The work out is mainly based on the posture of the spine. I found out that I keep my spine in a wrong position 24H a day Smile

Who knows, maybe in the long term this will also help migraine..?
Topix
Topix
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Pilates - Anyone tried it? Empty Re: Pilates - Anyone tried it?

Post  milo Wed 03 Nov 2010, 12:26 pm

I'm not a very "zen" person, so I don't know if I could handle pilates. I always wanted to, even since I saw what yoga and pilates did to Madonna's body way back when.

This is supposed to be helpful for migraines as well.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed 03 Nov 2010, 10:43 pm

Hmmm....I suffer from a great deal of lower back pain ( sacra-ileitis) and it's always looked painful to me. Are you taking it with an instructor or using a tape? Do you need special equipment? With all my medical bills right now with my recent hospital stay I don't have much extra $$ but am also anxious to get in to shape.
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Topix Thu 04 Nov 2010, 1:09 am

Milo, you mean that a career as top model is waiting for me ? Very Happy - Just kidding...

Charlotte, yes I do it in a gym with a teacher. It's funny and not expensive at all. All you need is just an overall, you don't even need shoes.
I pay 90 Euros (more or less 110 USD) for 10 lessons. No subscription fee, no other extra costs.
Topix
Topix
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  Nelly Fri 05 Nov 2010, 12:47 am

I'm glad to see this post, Topix !
I've done some form of pilates on and off since 2000. I love it. I find it stretches and elongates the body as well as kicks my 'bum' as I use my body as resistance. (Lots of resistance on my body right now...haha).

Thinking of pilates brings me to Yoga. I'm about to start a gently yoga class on saturday. $30 for as many sessions as you want to attend for the month of November. Quite a good deal!
I've been doing yoga on and off for a while. I've never really excelled at it, as my brain runs on overdrive. I wish I could quiet my thoughts and learn how to meditate and breathe properly. I find the meditation the hardest part of yoga!
I'll give it another try, though, as I know it should help with my anxiety and perhaps my insomnia too.

Back to pilates....enjoy it but take care! I've injured myself several times overdoing it. I hope you continue to enjoy it as much as you did! Good for you!

xo
T
Nelly
Nelly
One star
One star

Back to top Go down

Post  Om Fri 05 Nov 2010, 5:30 am

I've been doing post-natal pilates and found it fantastic. I go to a class where babies are welcome too, although it can mean I don't get much exercise done if littlun starts crying!

It's really increased my core strength which has helped me wear my 21lb baby in a sling instead of using a pram when I go out.
Om
Om
One star
One star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum