The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scary day!

4 posters

Go down

Scary day! Empty Scary day!

Post  30yrsofheadache Sat 04 Jun 2011, 5:02 am

Yesterday my older daughter, Meagan went horseback riding. She is an excellent rider, but is a little out of shape. So, we got a call at 2:30 yesterday from the girl she rode with saying Meagan had fallen off the horse and was acting strange so she was taking her to the ER. They were way out in the country, over an hour away.

We did not want her to go to the ER there. Luckily, though I had had a very bad migraine that morning, it was almost gone by the. So, we drove about an hour to pick her up. She was very confused and could not remember falling off, what horse she had ridden, the day, etc. I wanted to take her to a closer ER after seeing her. She kept asking us the same questions over and over.

My husband insisted on driving back 45 mins. to the better hospital. At one point we were going 80mph (not too much traffic).It was quite frightening as Meagan has a somewhat photographic memory. She tried to call the people she was supposed to babysit for 5 times before we realized what she was doing and took her phone away. We got there, they took her right away since she was acting so strangely.

They did a CT scan. which was normal. She is not supposed to work, or ride for 2 weeks. No TV, computer or reading for a few days to rest her brain. That is going to be really hard, she keeps forgetting she isnt supposed to do it! Now my migraine is back, but that OK as long as my girl is OK. Hoping she is less confused this morning when she gets up! Sorry this got so long,
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Scary day! Empty Re: Scary day!

Post  Cluelesskitty Sat 04 Jun 2011, 3:58 pm

Oh my gosh Cindy, this is very scary! I am so sorry!
I know they did ct scan, but do you think it would be wise do also do MRI as well?

Not to scare you it's just I've read that ct scan is very through indeed but better for "hard" matters like bones etc
whereas MRI is better suited for the "soft" ones like blood vessels and muscles and the likes.

I would like your daughter, just to be sure, to have also MRI done. Perhaps get a second opinion.
It's like the doctors said, probably nothing, ct scan is also quite through. She had, after all, a fall from a horse.
But just for the peace of mind.

How is she feeling now? Hope she is doing a lot better :]

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Sat 04 Jun 2011, 5:54 pm

Risa,
I would have preferred an MRI, but it wasnt available and it takes our insurance company ages to approve. Since she doesnt seem worse and maybe a little better today, I think it will be OK. We will go to our PCP on Tuesday, since I have an appt. there for my Lyme check up. It is 40 mins away, so I want to only go once and will take Meagan with me

.I am still keeping a good eye on her, though! Last night I got up three times to make sure she didnt slip into a coma. She is still forgetting things, but not as often. She still cant remember anything from yesterday, though. I am going to cave and let her watch a movie with me.If she seems worse, I will turn it off.How are you doing, you have been sounding very low the past few days?
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat 04 Jun 2011, 10:34 pm

Cindy, how frightening. I'm surprised you got any sleep at all last night.

Did Megan show improvement throughout the day?
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Sun 05 Jun 2011, 1:33 am

Oh, whew, an improvement is always a good sign.
Still, you could try to get a MRI referral from your dr, maybe you'll get it, fingers crossed.

Good luck with your appointment Cindy.
How's your Lyme, btw? You must excuse my terrible memory, I probably asked you a hundred times by now, yikes
- have you read Amy Tan Memoir "The Opposite of Fate"?
There is a whole separate chapter about Amy's struggle with Lyme's, how she went undiagnosed for so long
and developed neuroboreliosis because of that.

It probably won't give you anything new, but, still, it's just an interesting bit about Lyme and how little is known about it
and how many doctors, even well paid doctors, don't take it seriously.

The memoir as a whole is amazing read.

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Sun 05 Jun 2011, 4:37 am

Char,
She was doing a little better last night. I let her go to Starbucks with a friend for an hour after giving her friend a prep talk. She seems less confused but still not remembering anything at all about that whole day! I did go in once last night to check her, so not as tired. But, now we have an OPen House today and have to clean the whole house. I am fed up with house selling, I must say!

My Lyme is acting up big time. I hope we get some bites this time. We cant do much about a new house until we sell this one. We might try to look at a few today, but we will have the dogs with us in the car. Also we have to go to pick up Meagans car at the barn an hour away where they left it when she got hurt.
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Sun 05 Jun 2011, 4:46 am

Risa,
Its OK to ask, I need to let it out sometimes. It is like migraine, once you have it so long, no one wants to hear about it. I figure I am about 50-65% of my normal. I still really struggle with fatigue and joint/ligament pain and some leftover Neuro symptoms. I have been on antibiotics for 4 years and every time I try to go off, I relapse.

I cannot take many of the stronger drugs needed to get to the next level, because my body does not detox properly. Sometimes I wonder how my body can take so many things and still go on (Celiac Disease, Lyme Disease and our friend migraine). It has been through the wringer. But others are worse off than me, so I go on. My Dr. is trying to mover me into a more Holistic approach, but my body isnt co-operating.
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:04 pm

How scary! When my son had a concussion it took a couple of days for him to feel anywhere near normal. He never did remember exactly what happened. He was attacked from behind by another student so didn't see it coming. But he was fine in a few days other than the obvious mental trauma from being attacked.

I'm sure she will be back to normal in a few days and then you can relax. It is so hard when our kids are hurt and concussions have to be one of the scarier things to deal with as a parent. Take care of yourself too.

Alli

alli
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Wed 08 Jun 2011, 5:04 am

Thanks, Alli, that makes me feel better. She does seem to improving each day. Still not sure if I should let her drive or not yet. The Dr. forgot to tell her that. Luckily, he did tell her no riding for 3 weeks. Hopefully, she will listen.
Hugs,Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down