The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking generic imitrex for the 1st time in years. It used to cause me severe stomach pains

4 posters

Go down

Taking generic imitrex for the 1st time in years. It used to cause me severe stomach pains Empty Taking generic imitrex for the 1st time in years. It used to cause me severe stomach pains

Post  kimsmom Sat 16 Jul 2011, 10:20 am

Well I used to take Imitrex everyday for years. I have chronic daily headaches. Five years ago it started to give me severe stomach pains. Out of the blue. I even took the pills back to the drug store and asked them to give me new ones because these were defective. Well they were not defective.

So now I just took a 1/2 of a 100 mg of generic imitrex and hoping it will not cause me any stomach pain and take away my headache. It says do not split in half which I promply did. Has anyone else cut theirs in half? Any problems?

Also has anyone else gotten severse stomach upset from generic imitrex? I am in my upper 50's so I am a little concerned also about blood pressure. I am hoping if I just take them occasionally my bp will not rise.

I have gotten to the point in my pain where the pain meds they give me are not enough. So I am hoping that the occational imitrex will work. Also I have not taken generic before. It used to be where I was ending up paying over $100 dollars for 18 pills. Outrageous!

Looking forward to your posts. Thanks in advance.

kimsmom

* I also sent this same post to Pens so I appologize if you read it twice

kimsmom
kimsmom
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Taking generic imitrex for the 1st time in years. It used to cause me severe stomach pains Empty Re: Taking generic imitrex for the 1st time in years. It used to cause me severe stomach pains

Post  30yrsofheadache Sun 17 Jul 2011, 5:39 am

I used to get a stomachache from them if I broke them, but not if i left them whole. Maybe the coating? Hope you do OK with them.
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Taking generic imitrex for the 1st time in years. It used to cause me severe stomach pains Empty Re: Taking generic imitrex for the 1st time in years. It used to cause me severe stomach pains

Post  milo Sun 17 Jul 2011, 7:04 pm

I've recently returned to using triptans as well. I find they really upset my stomach. I hate it, but not as much as I hate the pain.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Mon 18 Jul 2011, 2:22 am

I take Maxalt, and before that Zomig.
It doesn't bother me as much as Imitrex did.

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down