The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

controlling the timing of migraines

4 posters

Go down

controlling the timing of migraines Empty controlling the timing of migraines

Post  lentils Sat 23 Jul 2011, 6:44 am

I wish I could induce a migraine. It sounds crazy, but all week long I've had a low level migraine that won't break out into a full blown one. So next week I'm going to be really busy and wondering if the axe is going to fall in the midst of all the activity. If I get a full blown migraine, my head clears and I have at least a week of no migraines. Am I crazy enough to try and trigger a migraine on a week where I can attend to it?

lentils
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

controlling the timing of migraines Empty Re: controlling the timing of migraines

Post  Jewishmother Sat 23 Jul 2011, 10:57 am

Not crazy at all..............I have never intentionally set one of my migraines off but know I could do that if I wanted by spending a few minutes looking at optical illusions. I agree that once a migraine is over our brains can feel so much clearer - having 1 lurking in the background is very frustrating! I actually do the opposite.............I can hold off my more disabling aura symptoms for even an hour or two - and when I choose to do that I know that I am going to get hit harder when I let it come on but sometimes it is worth it. So............what can you do to bring the migraine fully on so you can get on with your life?

Jewishmother
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

controlling the timing of migraines Empty Re: controlling the timing of migraines

Post  Cluelesskitty Sat 23 Jul 2011, 2:43 pm

Oh, no, I read that request many times before over the years.

I however, am worried that it may not necessarily work the way you want. Who knows what mechanism is involved
with these things?
Hmm, I can't recall anyone who successfully induced the M episode after they wished of inducing one.
I must yet to know of someone following the request though.

This is not some challenge on my part though, mind you guys!

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

controlling the timing of migraines Empty re:controlling the timing of migraines

Post  lentils Sun 24 Jul 2011, 8:03 pm

If I wanted to bring on a migraine, I would indulge in several food triggers,maybe eat some chocolate and drink some coffee

lentils
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Tue 26 Jul 2011, 1:04 am

I guess I'd worry that it would go on longer than expected, or be worse than expected. I actually can go for weeks with lurkers in the background that never turn into anything. As annoying as that is, it is far better than the real thing. So, no I would definitely not bring one on by choice (even if I could).
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down