The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where were you when you heard about Elvis?

5 posters

Go down

Where were you when you heard about Elvis? Empty Where were you when you heard about Elvis?

Post  Paradox Tue 16 Aug 2011, 8:39 pm

Elvis Presley died 34 years ago. Do you remember where you were when you found out? I was 17 and was driving home from my summer job at Great America (now Six Flags Chicago). I pulled over because I couldn't believe what I heard on the radio.
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Where were you when you heard about Elvis? Empty Re: Where were you when you heard about Elvis?

Post  Cluelesskitty Sun 09 Oct 2011, 9:31 pm

I don't remember Charlotte where I was or what I did
but I recall total and utter disbelief, and a vehement, but so useless, protest against what has happened.

I loved Elvis, too. Such a great talent, such a voice, and such a sexy sexy man.

Such a loss Sad

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Where were you when you heard about Elvis? Empty Re: Where were you when you heard about Elvis?

Post  milo Tue 11 Oct 2011, 4:59 pm

Who is Elvis?
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Tue 11 Oct 2011, 5:15 pm

WHO is ELVIS ????

Who IS Elvis???

WHO is Elvis?????

Who is ELVIS ????

WHO IS ELVIS ????????!!!!

Where were you when you heard about Elvis? Faint10

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Thu 13 Oct 2011, 5:22 pm

Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruth Thu 13 Oct 2011, 9:03 pm

I can't remember where I was when he died, but Risa, I've just been looking at the Youtube links and got carried away watching a whole bunch of them! It's so sad that he died so young.

Ruth
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Thu 13 Oct 2011, 9:49 pm

It is so sad, you are right Ruth.

I remember watching the Elvis biography on Arts & Entertainment and how he was taking a lot of pain medications
and the speculations that he most likely suffered from migraines.
Only back then, migraines were way underestimated and belittled as disease, so way more than they are now
and it is very likely he wasn't getting the care nor the treatment for his migraines as he should have,
and that was the tragic result I suppose.

Or maybe even if his pain care was somewhat adequate, before the era of triptans we know how sometimes
the pain relief alone is not enough for migraines. Why, sometimes both the triptans and analgesics are not enough...

I am glad though that with my you-tube links you got to have a bit of fun, Ruth Very Happy

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  02R96 Tue 18 Oct 2011, 6:51 pm

I was just a kid when I heard it on the noon news. Didn't really effect me as I had not discovered music yet.
02R96
02R96
One star
One star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down