The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tired of insurance and billing idiots

3 posters

Go down

tired of insurance and billing idiots Empty tired of insurance and billing idiots

Post  steph Fri 26 Aug 2011, 3:11 pm

I finally got scheduled for my next Botox. I needed it at the end of this month/beginning of next month. I had to straighten out a few insurance billing issues before I could even make the appointment. My private ins ended June 1st, due to my husband losing his job. My last appt was June 2nd, go figure. I have Medicare as secondary from my disibility end of it. Sooo, Medicare was the primary insurance for that appt. My husband was able to find a job and my NEW primary insurance started July 6th. Complicated I know.

Even though I went through this with EVERYONE there was still a billing mistake. I talked with Medicare and we got it straightened out so the DR office could bill correctly, instead of what they were trying to charge me! Finally was able to make my appt.

Call my DR's secretary.
She tells me: the 29th at 2:00pm is an opening an she is connecting me to scheduling & to take that appt.

Scheduling tells me: nothing before the first of next year!! I explain that the secretary just told me the 29th. Scheduling says: impossible and that I could not have even talked to the secretary!! that they will have to talk to the DR and fit me in.

I become irate, nicely irate, but irate none the less! This woman basically says I lied about talking to the secretary! I told them she just connected me to them!! Says she will call the secretary. Comes back on the line and schedules the appt for the 29th.

Two days later scheduling calls back. They switch my appt to Sept 19. I have already made arrangements and hubby took a day off to take me (remember new job too). I call to get my appt back to the 29th. They claim that my insurance wont pay for it because it is too soon. 90 days must pass before. I ask them what insurance won't pay it. OH, my OLD insurance that I don't even have anymore! Tell them about change in insurance (AGAIN).

Now it is a new ballgame. Now they claim I have to sign a financial waver. They don't know if my new ins will pay for it. (I have already talked to the new insurance and lined up my ducks there. I also have papers to take in to my DR from them, and I have explained this.) May have to put a $1000 deposit down. I tell them that I will sign the waver but won't pay a deposit. (at this point she is unsure if I will be required to pay it).

I have a migraine during this phone crap and I am cranky and tired. I want the damn appt already so I can feel better in a couple of weeks. FINALLY they let me keep the appt on the 29th. I get off the phone upset and angry. My husband asks why I am upset so I tell him. He simply says not to worry. ????

The idiot on the other end of the phone didn't take into account I have secondary insurance when she was telling me about the waiver and $1000 deposit!!! BUT THE IDIOT ON THIS END GOT UPSET AND DIDN'T THINK OF IT EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL lol!
steph
steph
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

tired of insurance and billing idiots Empty Re: tired of insurance and billing idiots

Post  Migrainegirl Fri 26 Aug 2011, 7:00 pm

Face it. The doctors no longer run our health care system. The insurance companies do. And their main goal is to pay out a little as possible. The doctors offices and pharmacies spend half their time (and costs) trying to negotiate the insurance maize. The patients just lose out.

It doesn't help when you've got incompetent or uncaring staff to deal with at the same time. This is all hard enough when your brain is working well. Nearly impossible with migraine.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

tired of insurance and billing idiots Empty Re: tired of insurance and billing idiots

Post  steph Fri 26 Aug 2011, 7:50 pm

I know what you mean. My husband wants me to find a botox person closer to home and in a smaller office. I go to Cleveland clinic now and they are just too big.
steph
steph
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Sun 28 Aug 2011, 10:53 am

What a horrible mess to have to go through to get the care that you need!
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  steph Mon 29 Aug 2011, 9:12 pm

ha I know right? I did have my appt today. I didn't have to sign a waiver, but the nurse said that they were still pending approval from my insurance co. My Dr made notations in my file that should satisfy the insurance co, pertaining to the 55 pages they had me print and take with me to the appt. When I left though, they did not schedule me my next visit. They said they would call me with an appointment. Hmmmm..... although I really love my DR I may need to look for a different one, closer to home, within a smaller practice! I don't know. I wouldn't trust just anyone to do the botox, and my DR and I have a good thing going. BIG DILEMMA! Question
steph
steph
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down