The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ray of Sunshine

4 posters

Go down

Ray of Sunshine  Empty Ray of Sunshine

Post  Sara79 Mon 29 Aug 2011, 1:41 pm

sunny OK, so I'm going to jinx myself, but even with this awful head cold, I've only had minor weather related migraines since I got settled on my CPAP and got it to the pressure I need. I can handle the weather related migraines, even here where the weather is always changing, but its really nice to not have a daily migraine and not to be taking migraine meds everyday. For one, its going to be so much easier on the household budget.

I feel bad putting this here, knowing how much some of ya'all are suffering, but I know I felt better sometimes just knowing someone else is having a good day/week/month, even if I wasn't. I also know that it could lead someone else to pressuring their doc for a sleep study to get sleep apnea checked out. Headache on awakening is one of the major symptoms.

Keep your voodoo chickens handy to ward off the doozy I'm going to come up with now <hopefully joking> Keep taking care of yourselves!

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Ray of Sunshine  Empty Re: Ray of Sunshine

Post  milo Mon 29 Aug 2011, 4:53 pm

Good news is wonderful to read!
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Fri 16 Sep 2011, 3:35 pm

Are you still on the CPAP, Sara?
Does is still work it's wonders, I hope?

I am waving the voodoo chicken and spitting over my left (and right for good measure) shoulder to not to jinx the good things!

btw, I think I found perfect Migraine voodoo chicken!!!!! :

Ray of Sunshine  Voodom10

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Fri 16 Sep 2011, 6:54 pm

Yes, I'm very faithful to the CPAP, it seems to have knocked out the persistent, not quite a migraine that I always had. And most of the time the slightest trigger would push the headache into a migraine.

I LOVE the voodoo chicken hat!! I think it would be perfect, if a little bulkier than the keychain.

I do still get the occasional weather front triggered migraine, or a stress triggered one, but they're much easier to deal with, when I can save the harder hitting migraine meds for only a few times a month, rather than the daily debate of weather or not I should take something, and with which of my four options (cafergot, relpax, frova, and maxalt) do I think this migraine will respond to (or what do I have any left of, since the insurance company limits how many I get a month)?

I would highly recommend a sleep study for anyone who's constantly tired, with a low level headache. Especially if your spouse or family have told you that you snore.

I'm even handling the night shifts at the hospital for school this semester (7PM to 7AM Wednesday and Thursday over nights) without feeling that I'm constantly fighting fatigue. I also know that I'm retaining the information presented in lecture better, and I'm not making as many stupid 'didn't read that question right' errors on exams.

If anyone here has any questions or just wants more information on CPAP, Obstructive Sleep Apnea, and headache/migraines, feel free to just ask me, I'm happy to share any information I have, if it'll help someone else out.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Fri 16 Sep 2011, 9:32 pm

Sara so glad you are finding something that is working for you. I may have to check it out!
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Sun 18 Sep 2011, 3:18 am

Thanks Sara!

I tried to talk my former neuro to get me into a sleep study but he didn't think I need it.
With my present dr I won't even bother. Maybe when I get to have a really good dr one day I'll sure to ask about this.

I wish you continuing success with your CPAP (zoom zoom zoom whhizit! voodoo chicken!)

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum