The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marcaine injections for migraine

5 posters

Go down

Marcaine injections for migraine Empty Marcaine injections for migraine

Post  milo Tue 20 Sep 2011, 7:17 pm

Has anyone ever given themselves marcaine? Gotten it from their docs?

I need to be brief, as I have a 10/10 and can't think straight. My neck is in such horrible pain, probably from my new job (high computer hours) and school (even more computer hours). I'm so scared that I may have to let this new job go because the pain is so bad and I can't take anything at work because it affects my functioning. The job is very, very taxing on my mind and my speech.

I booked a massage today in desperation, but it's just made it worse. WAY WORSE!

I'm staring at a bottle of marcaine and a syringe and trying to figure out if I should inject myself. Obviously not the best idea. I've just taken two percs...and hope to voodo chicken that it helps. (reread this and think I should mention injecting parts of my neck...not looking to kill myself)

Gosh, I don't know what to do, as I have to attend work, and on Thursday I have to drive acouple hours to attend a "team building" meeting which is NOT optional by any means, as I'm the team lead.

milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Marcaine injections for migraine Empty Re: Marcaine injections for migraine

Post  milo Wed 21 Sep 2011, 5:51 pm

Just thought I'd update. I ended up being smart enough not to try injecting myself. I took perc and a muscle relaxant, a ergotamine cap and iced the sorest parts. I made it through.

Today I'm still sore but I managed a very busy day at work, including two conference calls, one of which I chaired and was in the hotseat for almost an hour. I did it though!

I'm still very interested if anyone gets or gives themselves marcaine or xylocaine injections?
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  marion Wed 21 Sep 2011, 6:06 pm

Hi Milo,

No to injecting. But hope you are feeling a bit better. Sounds like you are cramming a lot into life at the moment.

Crossing fingers for you that you can manage it all.

marion
One star
One star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Wed 21 Sep 2011, 6:29 pm

I tried to post last night, but I guess the prodome stupidity let me delete the post. I hope you're doing well, and made the best decision for you. I did see that your med is mostly used within the hospital setting, since some people have bad reactions to it.

Please be careful making the best decision for you. (voodoo chickening here for you)

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Wed 21 Sep 2011, 7:58 pm

I've never ever heard of that. Going to research this marcaine now.
whirl whirl cluck whirl Wink

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Sun 25 Sep 2011, 10:42 pm

I actually gave myself three marcain injections while my partner was home and supervising. It had a very GREAT response. Not 100% but was really good. Smile
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Mon 26 Sep 2011, 10:58 am

I glad it helped, and that you had someone there, just in case.

Also, thanks for throwing out another possible line of attack to take to my doc. This final semester has my muscles tied in knots with tension.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Mon 26 Sep 2011, 6:11 pm

For muscle tenseness, I use Tizanadine. It is the only muscle relaxant that did give me weird side effects. It definitely knocks me out though so I can only take at night.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Mon 26 Sep 2011, 7:50 pm

I've got Skelaxin, but it's not as effective as it used to be.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Tue 27 Sep 2011, 8:25 pm

Oh my friends, I am in bad shape. I'm at a loss as to what to do. I can't quit my job, I can't quit my school, I can't take meds while I'm at work. I can take it and do homework, but it's affecting my grades.

On the other hand, if I stop school, then the migraines win...AGAIN.

I just can't quit this job....it is such a huge opportunity and I'm not invisible anymore, so if I step down it will be noticed and pretty much ruin any aspirations I may have in this field.

I just don't know what to do. I'm not suicidal, but I think about it so often. I just can't handle this pain. I feel like I'm very, very stuck with nowhere to move to. Suicide looks like such a great solution but it's simply not an option for me. I trust you guys enough to be able to say that without needing to worry that you will all freak out.

AND I`m not physically well either, which is not helping any. I`m almost always on the verge of vomiting, and again, have no option of gravol while working. I have some compounded alternative that I`ve been taking but it`s a dollar a pill and it`s a bit more then I have right now. (Whole other story)

I know you all can`t do anything except listen and I really appreciate the ear (s). YOu all mean so much to me.

milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Tue 27 Sep 2011, 8:41 pm

Oh Milo,

It does sound frustrating. Are you sure there is nothing you can take while at work? I know some drugs might make you loopy, but there must be something that's better than the cognitive and physical deficits of the migraine ? Can you take any of the Triptans? Frova is working for me much better than the others I tried. Only Oxycodone at a low dose seems to cut the pain though. And that does not make me loopy (much better than the unable to compute problem of the migraine anyway).

Have you tried any of the natural routes? Magnesium and vitamin D and natural progesterone have really reduced my incidence rate.

Keep trying things till you find something that will work for you. I know you don't want to walk away from this dream job.

Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down