The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

toradol..anyone?

5 posters

Go down

toradol..anyone? Empty toradol..anyone?

Post  Greeneyes Thu 29 Sep 2011, 2:58 pm

My hubby will be giving me Toradol injections at home..see the neurologist tomorrow..then Botox..praying that something works.

Love my migraine angels I love you

Greeneyes
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

toradol..anyone? Empty Re: toradol..anyone?

Post  Cluelesskitty Fri 30 Sep 2011, 4:00 pm

I have read here that for some toradol injection can be really helpful.

I used to have them many many years ago, but I had very limited success with this,
now I wonder how would I fare if I took toradol together with a triptan back then? if there were triptans then, that is.
These combination - triptan and a painkiller always seem to be working for me best.

I hope the Botox will be a lot of help for you, Wendy. For many people it is.
I had about 30%-40% reduction in M from Botox, and I think it's not bad!

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat 01 Oct 2011, 9:24 am

Hi Wendy,

My hubby gives me toradol injections at home. It saves me from going to the E.R. I do have success with them. They are my last line of defense as I can only use it 4 times a month (its hard on the kidneys if used more often).

Hubby at first wouldnt do the injections, it gave him the eebie jeebies. But then he saw me in pain calling around trying to find someone to give me my shot and he stepped up to the plate and taught himself off the Internet how to do it. Now he's quite the pro at it.

Just a little warning, when he first gives the shot you'll forget about the headache because you'll be concentrating on the burning. Ouch! But it goes away quickly.

It can be given in the arm, but for some reason I find it more effective in the hiney.

Good luck!

Toradol is a GREAT anti-inflammatory so if you have back problems it often helps with that too.
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Mon 03 Oct 2011, 4:22 pm

So, have you got your Toradol shot yet, Wendy? did it help any?
How are you doing nowadays, sweetheart?

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Mon 03 Oct 2011, 9:17 pm

My doc won't give the injections for home treatment, but he's great about getting me into the office for them, and will send me with a fill of oral tordol to follow the injection. However, since it's tough on the tummy, I'm limited to 20 oral tabs per month, and my insurance will only cover them if I get the injection first, blegh. They do seem to work to cut back the really icky ones to at least a bearable level.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  02R96 Tue 18 Oct 2011, 6:40 pm

Toradol is my go-to drug when Norco and Imitrex don't work. However I have to go to the Dr's office to get stuck. However I have a standing order, so all I have to do is call.
02R96
02R96
One star
One star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down