The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone here trying Nucynta?

+2
Paradox
Porsche Fan
6 posters

Go down

Anyone here trying Nucynta? Empty Anyone here trying Nucynta?

Post  Porsche Fan Sat 15 Oct 2011, 12:37 am

i was originally prescribed it for pain after surgery, but my doc kept it on for migraine. for me, it works pretty well. still makes me rather sleepless when i take it, but it seems knock an M down (which i'm working on at the moment).

i was able to cut down the other misc. pain killers. makes life much easier.

well, just a little bit easier.
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Anyone here trying Nucynta? Empty Re: Anyone here trying Nucynta?

Post  Paradox Sat 15 Oct 2011, 8:43 am

I've never tried it but would be interested. I would love to cut down on pain meds.

You say you have trouble sleeping. Are you dragging during the day or is your energy increased then too?
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Sat 15 Oct 2011, 12:04 pm

Dh has a script for the really bad M, and I've borrowed a tab or two when I had a horrible M recently. My side effects were the opposite of yours, on the Nucyenta I sleep really well.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche Fan Sat 15 Oct 2011, 11:34 pm

It does help, but doesn't let me sleep. If I can fall asleep before it kicks, in I usually can stay asleep. If not, it puts me in zombie terratory. I'm finding on an empty stomach, it can take 1 hour + to really start feeling it kicking in. With food, I can double the time.

All pain meds keep me up. Even going into procedures, they usually shoot a mix of benadryl and ativan in. Xanax hypes me up rather than chilling me out. Some bonehead doc one time ordered Xanax instead of Klonopin (I don't take Klonopin for anxiety, it's for tremor) and I was walking the halls in the hospital floor at 2 am....LOL.

Another funny (well, I'm on night 2 of migraine).... I was at Cleveland Clinic having a heart cath. I'm in the waiting area before you head into the sterile lab. The girl next to me waiting was getting a pacemaker (hey, I needed it then too) was pretty talkative on the juice. We both were waiting for our procedure rooms and were prepped. She was funny....her mom was with her, and my dad was with me. She asked me if I was naked underneath the blankets...LOL. My dad told me that I asked the nurse if she could bring us a couple margaritas. Now that was an interesting hospital experience.
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Sun 16 Oct 2011, 5:21 am

I love how everyone who sticks around here seems to really try to see the little humorous things in life, like you and your surgical neighbor. It does help to find others who have been in my shoes, or worse, and are still finding things to laugh about.

My brother is like you with the sedating meds. When we were children we both had some allergy issues when they were doing planned burning of the fields in the fall, and so Mom gave us both an age and weight appropriate dose of benedryl for the drive home from our grandma's (about a two hour drive). I don't remember the trip, I slept the entire time and was sleepwalked to my bed at home. After that car trip, Mom swore my brother would never be given benedryl again. I guess the only thing keeping him somewhat contained to the back seat, and probably contained within the car was his seat belt.

Sorry my last post was a hit and run, this week's been insane. I do like how the Nyucenta controls the pain, but I have to take it with benedryl, since it gives me full body itchies. But sometimes it's my last resort before calling the doctor, so what's a little sedation and itchy-ness? Sleep

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Mon 17 Oct 2011, 3:53 am

Marc..haven't ever tried that..I'm so sorry that you are so young..you have way too many health issues..

Okay, I guess it's pain medication confession time..One of the numerous ER visits..I think I was given demerol..let's just say I was in the mood for love..wasn't able to get my husband on board though..it made me so darn angry at the time..He never keeps his hands off of me..

I also have weird side effect to meds..lose weight..gain weight make you sleep..insomnia... etc.

We migraineurs are a special group in every way..not only are you guys my migraine angels..you are my family I love you

Greeneyes
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche Fan Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:57 pm

i get the itches from a lot of pain meds. dilaudid does it, so does oxycodone (minus the tylenol) and nucynta isn't nearly as bad. pain meds wind me up rather than down. i know from my procedures, my docs bomb the heck out of me. i hate to think of what i do under twilight sedation with versed. versed is an interesting med....knocks you out but you are totally awake.

during the prep phase pre-surgery and when you are bombed, i've heard the funniest stuff. the surgical staff makes jokes, even makes fun of you and when you try to say something back, it comes out really messed up--and they laugh more.

greeneyes, don't worry about me. i have a few things here and there, but heck we're working on it. you concentrate on you. migraines add a definite slant to our lives.
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Mon 17 Oct 2011, 11:25 pm

Oh yeah, particularly the anesthesia meds can make you truly loopy.
I remember once when I was woken up post-op I was giggling like crazy Anyone here trying Nucynta? A050

and my friend who was recovering from her caesarian, pulled up her bed covers
and invited her doctor who came to do a check-up up on her to lay down beside her...

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Tue 18 Oct 2011, 4:43 am

I have the same trouble with pain meds. They make me wide awake (not in a good way) and itchy. So, when I take them at night, I have to take Phenergan with it. Helpfully, also takes away nausea I get! I have not heard of Nucynta. I am doing really well staying out of the ER with fentanyl lollipops, though. Is there a Smiley that knocks on wood? lol!

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Tue 18 Oct 2011, 7:10 am

I was given something at ER once..an ambulance was called becaus I had allergic (anophalcotic shock..sorry I can see)..so they gave me something..it didn't work..I was in and out of conciousness..and the pharamdics were swearing because nothing was working the y were concerned about me..anyway, long story short..something kicked in...

I had 5 guys (fire and ambulancce0 guys all looking at me and I told them they should be on the ER show because they were so cute..Egads(I might think that but would never verbalize it out loud..YIKES)

Atelast we all have our stories to share...funny lol!

Greeneyes
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Tue 18 Oct 2011, 10:35 pm

What do you know!

Anyone here trying Nucynta? Knock-10

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Wed 19 Oct 2011, 4:52 am

Risa, cheers

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum