The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Balcofen..have you tried this medication?

3 posters

Go down

Balcofen..have you tried this medication? Empty Balcofen..have you tried this medication?

Post  Greeneyes Wed 19 Oct 2011, 9:43 am

I was given Balcofen the other day from my neurologist..to help for the pain for migraines..it's used for MS and other stuff.

It's helping somewhat with the pain..I feel like Lucy with the vitameetavegatin..feeling loopy..

Greeneyes
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Balcofen..have you tried this medication? Empty Re: Balcofen..have you tried this medication?

Post  Porsche Fan Wed 19 Oct 2011, 7:08 pm

yes greeneyes,

baclofen is on my migraine list--also helps with muscle pain. it can and does make me a bit loopy at higher doses.

i've found it can help, also with sleep too with a bad migraine. ordered dose is 20 mg. 1-3x a day. i take it at night. i've found it can blur my vision.
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Balcofen..have you tried this medication? Empty Re: Balcofen..have you tried this medication?

Post  30yrsofheadache Thu 20 Oct 2011, 4:41 am

Baclofen is a muscle relaxer. It is used on people with strong muscle spasms like in MS.It is the only one I ever tried that worked. But, it made my head hurt even though it helped relax the muscles! I hope you get good results.
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Thu 20 Oct 2011, 10:28 am

A bit loopy to say the least..I need to get a camera and follow me around...another embarassing story..took the Balcofen..was posting everything on FB..sing songs to myself..and dancing in a chair..the video would make people laugh out loud..then I was so amused with my humor..good grief.

I don't know if it helps you for pain ..or helps because you are out of it..

Love you my migraine angels... I love you

Greeneyes
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down