The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sweeteners - Bad trigger?

5 posters

Go down

Sweeteners - Bad trigger? Empty Sweeteners - Bad trigger?

Post  Topix Mon 15 Nov 2010, 7:18 am

I am beginning to think that sweeteners may trigger bad migraine. Anyone has found a connection?
Topix
Topix
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Sweeteners - Bad trigger? Empty Re: Sweeteners - Bad trigger?

Post  Sara79 Mon 15 Nov 2010, 8:24 am

I have trouble with the pink and blue packets, aspartame and nutra-sweet, I think. The one sets off a migraine and the other upsets my stomach terribly. I don't have any trouble with Splenda, but I don't care for it as much as I like the stevia sweeteners, since to me the stevia tastes better.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Mon 15 Nov 2010, 10:59 am

I shouldn't be having any epic migraines right now, as I'm mid botox cycle, yet I've been in hell. On Friday night I accidentally ate splenda and it set me off the rails. I have been off of any fake sweeteners for about a year and a half to two years now.

Splenda is just as bad for you as aspertame, it's just got a marketing claim that it's made from real sugar so it can't hurt you, but it's not true at all.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  crt Mon 15 Nov 2010, 1:57 pm

Phony sweeteners and MSG are among the very few migraine triggers I've been able to identify. They are guaranteed to give me a migraine. The odd thing is that Maxalt-Mlt, my lifesaver, has Aspartame. The only thing I can figure is that the Aspartame in Maxalt-Mlt is low enough not to bother me.

As far as "sweet" goes, if I have to have it, I use sugar, honey, maple sugar, Agave nectar, etc. - real sugars.

Chris

crt
One star
One star

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Mon 22 Nov 2010, 11:26 am

I seem to have more problems with sugar, MSG and refined or highly-processed products. No problems with artificial sweeteners (probably in the minority there). flower
tecky
tecky
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down