The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surgery Again

+2
milo
Anna's Mom
6 posters

Go down

Surgery Again Empty Surgery Again

Post  Anna's Mom Sun 15 Jul 2012, 8:46 am

Anna had her fourth Chiari/Chiari revision surgery on Wednesday in Madison, WI on Wednesday. Pretty hard on her, but she turned the corner yesterday and is improving.

She had a lot of scar tissue that was removed. Her brain dura patch (from the last surgery) had adhered to her cerebellum near her brain stem. So every time she moved her head, it pulled on her brain. She has a new dura patch made from her own tissue.

I hope her autonomic issues will improve and of course, her pain levels. But it is going to take a while to know about the pain levels because the surgery itself causes so much head pain.

Overall, she is doing great (except for the pain).

Cheryl

Anna's Mom
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Surgery Again Empty Re: Surgery Again

Post  milo Sun 15 Jul 2012, 10:04 am

I will keep you guys in my positive thoughts! I hope she has a good recovery. Smile
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche Fan Sun 15 Jul 2012, 12:28 pm

Best wishes and stay strong my friend.

PF.
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Sun 15 Jul 2012, 1:44 pm

I hope this new surgery works for her. I will keep my fingers crossed!!
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  777Trinity Sun 15 Jul 2012, 2:48 pm

Anna's Mom wrote:Anna had her fourth Chiari/Chiari revision surgery on Wednesday in Madison, WI on Wednesday. Pretty hard on her, but she turned the corner yesterday and is improving.

She had a lot of scar tissue that was removed. Her brain dura patch (from the last surgery) had adhered to her cerebellum near her brain stem. So every time she moved her head, it pulled on her brain. She has a new dura patch made from her own tissue.

I hope her autonomic issues will improve and of course, her pain levels. But it is going to take a while to know about the pain levels because the surgery itself causes so much head pain.

Overall, she is doing great (except for the pain).

Cheryl

A friend of ours had chiari surgery, I just spoke with her a couple of days ago. She said she had a couple more surgeries after the first one. It never got rid of her pain, but she did say her mental clarity returned and she is much sharper in that respect. I hope Anna's youth will aid in her having a full recovery!
Trinity
777Trinity
777Trinity
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Tue 17 Jul 2012, 1:31 am

Always, always thinking of Anna and you Cheryl, and wishing Anna a painfree days !!!

Love to you guys,

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down