The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am trying this for all of us!

+4
milo
777Trinity
Cluelesskitty
30yrsofheadache
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I am trying this for all of us! Empty I am trying this for all of us!

Post  30yrsofheadache Wed 26 Sep 2012, 11:06 am

http://www.cefaly.ca/

I know this is a long shot, but at this point I've got nothing to lose. Ive tried kookier things than this before! It has a money back guarantee and my husband's company (he is co-owner) pays all our medical expenses. It still comes out of our earnings, but it helps. I doubt it will do much since I cant stand things on my head at any time! We are ordering from Costco in Canada. My husband works with a lot of Canadian people and they will ship it to us. I'll let you know how it works. affraid
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

I am trying this for all of us! Empty Re: I am trying this for all of us!

Post  Cluelesskitty Wed 26 Sep 2012, 4:09 pm

Don't forget to order adequate outfit that goes with it, too Cindy:
I even found sizes for us mature girls:
http://www.amazon.com/Adult-Wonder-Woman-Costume-Size/sim/B000RIVZ2M/2

I guarantee wearing the outfit alone will make you feel SO MUCH BETTER!!! Very Happy

- Seriously, I really appreciate you doing it. Do please let us know if this device works at all. Who knows, who knows.
We all laugh, but so far not one from us here gave it a real try.
Kudos and thanks to you Cindy!

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  777Trinity Thu 27 Sep 2012, 1:51 pm

30yrsofheadache wrote:http://www.cefaly.ca/

I know this is a long shot, but at this point I've got nothing to lose. Ive tried kookier things than this before! It has a money back guarantee and my husband's company (he is co-owner) pays all our medical expenses. It still comes out of our earnings, but it helps. I doubt it will do much since I cant stand things on my head at any time! We are ordering from Costco in Canada. My husband works with a lot of Canadian people and they will ship it to us. I'll let you know how it works. affraid
Hugs,
Cindy

I hope it works! It appears that it could be effective for migraines that manifest in the eye, but I didn't see anything for the ones that start in the back of the head.

When will receive it? We want to hear all about it and if it makes a difference!!!
777Trinity
777Trinity
777Trinity
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Fri 28 Sep 2012, 3:45 pm

I forgot to ask- just approximating - when it might come, Cindy?

I am trying this for all of us! Excite10

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Sat 29 Sep 2012, 5:02 am

Not sure when I will get it. The guy who mu husband is going to ask to send it was off work last week..
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Wed 10 Oct 2012, 10:18 pm

Can we ask how much it cost?
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Fri 12 Oct 2012, 9:41 pm

I found it online so no need to answer. I think I will try to find enough money to give this a try as well. The reviews on the Costco website are pretty positive....and let's face it, we are all pretty desperate! I like costco's return policy so I can always take it back if it does nothing.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna's Mom Sat 13 Oct 2012, 3:53 pm

I'm pretty sure this device is connected to Ali, the neurosurgeon from Syria. I'm pretty sure between a couple of doctors (real doctors) who visited him in Syria a long time ago, this device was developed. From all the things I remember reading over the years.

Cheryl

Anna's Mom
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Sun 14 Oct 2012, 12:46 pm

That would be interesting for sure!

I ordered mine today. I would have hesitated longer but I can return it if it doesn't work so it's worth a try! I'd do anything to stop needing meds!
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Sun 14 Oct 2012, 7:03 pm

I didn't know Ali's studies involved TENS.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna's Mom Sun 14 Oct 2012, 7:41 pm

Milo, I was looking at the website, and I see it is different than Ali's metal device. Kind of looks like Ali's, but it works in a different way (TENS).

If you remember, Ali sent a bunch of his devices to Pen in the U.K. Previously he had sent some to a Ronda person in the U.S. (I don't remember her name).

Good luck to those who are trying this.

Cheryl

Anna's Mom
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Mon 15 Oct 2012, 9:15 am

Anybody here have any success with this yet?
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Mon 15 Oct 2012, 6:41 pm

I have not got mine yet but I've spent some time looking for reviews. They are hard to find but very positive. Facebook and Costco seem to have the most reviews. I found one that was posted by a health store who reported that despite a return policy no one has returned the device. That looks promising to me. I have my fingers crossed. It is expensive but when you compare it to meds it's quite cheap.

I promise to update once mine arrives.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Thu 18 Oct 2012, 8:12 pm

Counting down the seconds for it to arrive. Weather changes have my head splitting in two. Ugh
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

I am trying this for all of us! Empty It is here and on my head as I type!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  milo Wed 24 Oct 2012, 7:16 pm

Ok, so less then ten minutes ago my Cephaly arrived by UPS. I was tracking the packages every move and knew that there was a slightest possiblilty that the UPS guy would return again tonight to try to deliver and I was right. I couldn't contain my excitement!

So I have carefully opened the packaging and wouldn't you know, they included a "My first session with Cephaly" quick start guide. I think this was thoughtful considering how desperate we migrainers get. So after reading the very quick instructions I opened up the prep wipe package and cleansed my forehead. I cut the prep cloth into sections and rewrapped the rest to make them last longer. My first impression is "why in the world would you send a scented prep wipe to a migraine sufferer?????" but it doesn't smell too bad. Be careful if you are senstive to smells, you may want to skip the prep they send with the device.

I then opened the electrode package and placed it on my forehead just above my eyebrows centered above my nose. I then placed the device over top and engaged the connection. I certainly hesitated before I pressed the on switch. On it goes and I feel nothing....wait for it....now a bit of tingling. So three paragraphs into it and the thing feels like a giant vibrating octopus suctioned to my forehead. It is strangley relaxing and painful all at the same time. I keep having the urge to rip it off my face, yet it is not a bad kind of pain. It is oddly relaxing.

It most definately starts to REALLY vibrate but it's silent and not moving. It is absolutely a TENS machine for your forehead. Kind of freaky while being relaxing.

At this point it hurts...but not enough to turn it off. I have the option of pressing the buttin to "stall" it at this intesnity but I won't...not yet. I can feel it all through the top of my firehead and into my temples. I didn't time it, so I don't know at what point it started to hurt. I was too darn eager. Smile But again, it is not a pian I can't tolerate. Obviously I am typing this while it is on my head, so it does not completely impact you...though I'll admit it is probably better if I go lie down. I'm too excited to share with you all though. I really feel the urge to pull it off...so weird!

I think the next time I'll try it just a tiny bit higher.

Ohh...now it is slowly stopping...feels so good...oh my....like really, really good...as if I just had my head removed from a tight vice grip.

A shite though...it has a startling beep when the 20 minutes is up.

My forehead is tingling and feels a bit like it is burning but in a good way. I can still feel little itty bitty pulses even though the machine is now off. My nose is tingling too. What a weird little device.

I know scientifically that I should stop after just one....but I betcha anything I will have went for round two within a few short minutes of ending this post.

I think this little octopus is going to help.

I'll update again when I can. Smile
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Thu 25 Oct 2012, 12:47 am

At any point, did you feel the urge to jump out of your window and fight the crime ? Wink

I am glad to learn you find it a bit helping - I hope it will help even more, and keep being this way!

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Thu 25 Oct 2012, 8:34 pm

Ok, day two.

I ran the program four times yesterday. Program 1, 2, 3 then 1 again because 1 is supposed to be the migraine aborter. I have the overwhelming urge to rip it off my face during all three program settings but endured. It's painful and I suspect some of our members will not be able to tolerate the pain at full strength.

Today I ran it at program 1, 2 then 3. I still have it on my head but I think I'll stop because it hurts more today then yesterday as my head pain is worse today then it was yesterday. It definitely sends sensations along the nerves that are irritated right now. This octopus hurts!

I think this little device is going to be a part of managing my head pain. Still too early to say though. I definitely feel relaxed after its all over. Smile
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  7777Trinity Fri 26 Oct 2012, 7:04 am

Wow!! Sounds like a great device!! Please let me know if it makes a difference, especially with weather induced migraines Smile So happy for you Milo!!!!!

Trinity
7777Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Mon 29 Oct 2012, 1:00 pm

Oh if only it were so simple! I've had two days of very bad migraines. Today I'm home from work, which is very rare but my head has a knife lodged in it and my eyesight is totally messed up. I did eat two days worth of dried pineapple ( all natural with no additives) and I think it was the pineapple that triggered me. For some reason I think I may have already figured that trigger out but clearly I forgot. Ugh
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Tue 30 Oct 2012, 3:11 pm

Yeah, it happens - sometimes it slips the mind that this particular thing is a trigger.
It happens to me on occasion too. Don't feel bad about it if you do - I hope you don't.

Sending good vibes for migraine to go away!

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Tue 30 Oct 2012, 7:44 pm

My family is begging me to stop using it as my head has gotten so bad since starting to use it. My eyesight is all screwed up and I've missed work for two days now. My meds are not touching it....not one bit. I am going to have to stop using it for now and try again once my head has settled. I may end up returning it after all. Sad
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Tue 30 Oct 2012, 8:31 pm

Oh, you think the migraine is from the device?
But I've thought it actually made your first migraine better?

Then you ate the pineapple rings...?

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Thu 01 Nov 2012, 8:35 am

It turns out it may be symptom of a flu! I went back to work only to find out others had the same symptoms. Smile. This is good news, as I can try using the machine again once this flu passes.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Thu 01 Nov 2012, 2:29 pm

whew.! not a good news but in a way, a good news. Sorry to hear you are sick with flu. I still reel from mine...

Hope yours doesn't last that long!

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Thu 08 Nov 2012, 8:39 pm

I'm back to using the machine but my head has been really bad.....not sure if it is possible for it to make things worse????? What do you guys think?

As for the machine.....I am still on the first electrode, which is great as they are only expected to last 7-10 applications and I'm at about #15. I am careful with how I use them as they are very expensive. I'll post tips about this once I've got things figured out.

It has become less painful to use, but I'll admit I stop it before it gets to the strongest setting.

Am I still the only one using this so far?
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum