The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is mankind smarter, or stupider?...

2 posters

Go down

Is mankind smarter, or stupider?... Empty Is mankind smarter, or stupider?...

Post  Cluelesskitty Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:22 pm

Mere local news, but makes you think:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dailybrew/port-mann-bridge-b-c-closed-falling-ice-224632747.html

We have at least two other bridges with similar construction that I know of - so how come the snow never ever fell off those, ever?
What the heck has happened?
Do our IQ is getting lower, so despite our vast progress (supposed progress!) and experience we are unable
to build decent things anymore,
everything we produce is falling apart as soon as it is created??
geez...

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Is mankind smarter, or stupider?... Empty Re: Is mankind smarter, or stupider?...

Post  Porsche Fan Fri 21 Dec 2012, 11:18 pm

I think it's all a function of cost, productivity, and margin. Yes, I think some of mankind, is losing brainpower. The noobie generation is losing key logic skills--however most seem to gain those as they age.

I'd say there's a huge difference from say age 20 to age 30.

Dunno...just my $.02.
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Is mankind smarter, or stupider?... Empty Re: Is mankind smarter, or stupider?...

Post  Cluelesskitty Fri 28 Dec 2012, 7:55 pm

I agree with you Marc.
Mostly, I suppose, it's greed - money lining mainly the pockets of every CEO etc
but not where it's really supposed to go - which is - materials and production,
and these are the sad results we see..

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche Fan Sat 29 Dec 2012, 12:03 am

True Risa. However a good management team and CEO can do a lot of great things. However (showing so much in the public/government sectors) is that priorties and a country, and have lost their way.

The Gen Xer's will be easy compared to the Y's and millenials. the Xer's started the process of "demand" and immediate gratification.

This have jst traveled beyond logic. Plus to any finance guy (lol) at a high end corporate level engineers are meant to be kept in cages.....just a joke. Engineers don't like that joke, but the finance people do.
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Sat 29 Dec 2012, 5:19 pm

the Xer's started the process of "demand" and immediate gratification.

Too true. I suppose it came with the new parenting ways which called for abandoning traditional model of "children should be seen
not heard" and spanking, truthfully - beaten,
and from this- indecisiveness, lack of proper discipline.

Because when you, as a parent, reject the old methods but aren't quite clear what the new ones should be, the results are pretty bad.

From this, we have children, then adults demanding instant gratification and lacking sense of responsibility. hmmm.

Hopefully, this -"crisis Z gen" is sufficiently woken up to realize this is not the way, and will find the" golden medium" to all the troubles...
ha, dreams... Smile

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum