The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post holiday migraines

+2
Cluelesskitty
sconesail
6 posters

Go down

Post holiday migraines Empty Post holiday migraines

Post  sconesail Thu 27 Dec 2012, 11:58 am

Hi All,

Well, for the past two days I have been completely down with the migraine and fainting/borderline exhaustion. No matter what I do, or what precautions I take, it seems like two days after Christmas- I get slammed with a really bad M.

Christmas was nice for the most part. Dora, my service dog, won over Dad's siblings at their family gathering on Friday. I ended up babysitting my friend's children on Sunday. The most stressfull time was Christmas at my brother's house. (He is the one who doesn't get the fainting.) Fortunately, everyone else there understood completely. It really was a nice gathering- all of our immediate family, all of her immediate family and my wonderful nephew. I was actually allowed to hold him for a good bit- he is three months old and just starting to smile and such. (and my brother calmed down after we got there and he realized I wouldn't break the baby.

However, yesterday and today have just been really bad head and fainting wise. It is strange, I always know it will happen, but secretly hope it won't. But knowing about it doesn't make it easier. I really haven't been able to function for the past few days. It has been one of those- ok, take the meds to keep the pain down and rest kind of days.

Does anyones else go through this?

Pain free days,
sconesail

sconesail
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post holiday migraines Empty Re: Post holiday migraines

Post  Cluelesskitty Thu 27 Dec 2012, 5:17 pm

I was working very hard to get the holidays together, and yes I am paying the price.
Was it worth it? yes and no, the gatherings are SO nice, yes, but is the after migraine? heck no,
my resolution for the next year is definitely take it easy.
Well easiER, at least.

I am glad you had nice holiday time with your family Scone Smile
sorry for the pain afterward. It's such letdown, isn't it...

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Thu 27 Dec 2012, 10:00 pm

Well I've had 3 in the past week. No idea why really.
I guess the holidays are full of stressors and triggers.
But this too shall pass. Hope you feel better soon!
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche Fan Sat 29 Dec 2012, 12:06 am

Stress certainly not help with your complex autonomic dysfuction. I hope you get some rest, and your brother can learn to chill.

Best of luck my friend.

m
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Sat 29 Dec 2012, 4:57 am

Yes, I made it through the days before and day of pretty well. Then, boom, down for the count. Evil or Very Mad I am so grateful to my husband that I dont have to work outside the home! It really takes some of the stress away. I hope you get enough rest and feel better soon.

I am going to re=watch the mini series "Call the Midwife" (BBC) today.If you can see it, I really enjoyed it. You can watch all the episodes online. Hanging pictures is the only other thing I have to do. Well, besides walking the dog, laundry, cooking, watching the Redskins win tonight,etc. I woke up feeling a little better today, I hope you do, too.
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Sat 29 Dec 2012, 5:12 pm

Cindy, I started watching "Call the Midwife" somewhere in the middle, for which I was so sorry I didn't caught it earlier,
but I too, enjoyed it so immensely anyway!, and for sure if I ever find the re-runs, I will record the entire series!
Something fresh and new for a change, a bit to laugh a bit to cry, interesting to see the life of mainly women in post- war era.

Huggins, too
Risa

Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Mon 31 Dec 2012, 9:38 am

Seems the holidays have slammed me too! Ouch! Hang in there my friends! And HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down