The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do your migraines go in cycles?

3 posters

Go down

Do your migraines go in cycles? Empty Do your migraines go in cycles?

Post  Platypus Thu 21 Feb 2013, 12:29 am

My headaches are terrible right now. Having all day migraines that have me flat on my back, every other day. I can't figure out my HA cycles, what triggers them, why they start and change. They seem totally non-deterministic. Maybe they are.
Platypus
Platypus
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Do your migraines go in cycles? Empty Re: Do your migraines go in cycles?

Post  7777Trinity Thu 21 Feb 2013, 8:19 am

Platy
I have kept a log of when the migraines come for 7 years. There does not seem to be any "order" about them. I am thinking about overlaying the days on a calendar, just to see if there actually are any like days in all of it or a pattern.

Do you know of any computer software that I could get that would do that?
7777Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Thu 21 Feb 2013, 5:16 pm

I just used a plain old excel spreadsheet to track mine. The patterns are not always apparent.
I had to do a statistical analysis to see what was the probability of getting a migraine on days where I experienced some trigger (e.g. Travel, period, a type of food), compared to the overall probability of getting a headache.

That helped a great deal to sort out what was just random coincidence from what really increased the liklihood of migraine. Most things were not 100% one way or the other.

If you have a large database of days and what happened on those days, this is fairly easy to do.
I can provide the information on how to do the statistical analysis if you like.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down