The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chronic Pain and Mood- does it make you grouchy

4 posters

Go down

Chronic Pain and Mood- does it make you grouchy Empty Chronic Pain and Mood- does it make you grouchy

Post  sconesail Sat 08 Mar 2014, 4:00 pm

Hi All,

I have noticed that over the past few weeks the pain has been pretty bad. I see my pain dr on Wednesday. (May ask about switch from Ultram to Nucynta or see if we can do Ultram with Morphine for breakthrough.)

I have also been told that I have been a little more grouchy lately. I know part of it is probably cabin fever, but I am sure that part of it has to come from sheer frustration with fainting an pain. I am a pretty easy going and optimistic person most of the time. But this is driving me nuts. Is it just me or has anyone else had this?

Pain free days,
sconesail

sconesail
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Chronic Pain and Mood- does it make you grouchy Empty Re: Chronic Pain and Mood- does it make you grouchy

Post  tortoisegirl Sat 08 Mar 2014, 5:15 pm

Yes the chronic pain definitely makes me feel grouchy, moody, etc. I also tend to really shut down socially when I have high pain levels.

Definitely bring up your uncontrolled pain and request that some change be made. I hope the appointment goes well and your pain improves soon. Best wishes.

tortoisegirl
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Chronic Pain and Mood- does it make you grouchy Empty Re: Chronic Pain and Mood- does it make you grouchy

Post  30yrsofheadache Sun 09 Mar 2014, 6:23 am

I get withdrawn and easily irritated when my pain goes over a 5 or so. This is after living with chronic pain over 40 years! I dont know too many people who dont get grouchy with pain. I do hope you can get a better treatment plan so you can feel better.
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruth Sun 09 Mar 2014, 8:58 am

I agree with the others. It's really hard to be cheerful when you hurt so bad. Hope you feel better soon.

Ruth
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down