The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's On (again)

3 posters

Go down

It's On (again) Empty It's On (again)

Post  KimbaK Mon 28 Apr 2014, 8:00 pm

So the surgeon's office never called me back today. I called them back around 1 and spoke with the office manager (who should have freaking called me back but didn't.)

Anyway. she had reserved the OR for me last week (just in case I called). I'm now scheduled for a 10:00 am surgery with an 8:30 check in Houston on Friday May 2nd. Since I can't afford the hotel any longer I will be leaving home around 5:30 am to get to Houston. Then I'll come home the same afternoon.

Hopefully everything will go smoothly this time around. They said they will call later in the week to confirm, etc.

KimbaK
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

It's On (again) Empty Re: It's On (again)

Post  Migrainegirl Tue 29 Apr 2014, 3:45 pm

I really hope it works for you. Are you sure you will be able to drive yourself home?
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  7777Trinity Wed 30 Apr 2014, 2:18 pm

Kim
At least you are back on the schedule again! Is your Dad coming with you to drive you home? Keep positive thoughts Smile
My husband has decided to sell all our furniture, one of our cars and his Marin guitar to raise funds. That starts next week, we will only have our bedroom furniture left. He thinks we can get about $10,000 of the $16,000 needed for my surgery that way.

Then little at a time we will replace everything we will have lost. I guess when it comes down to it, we do whatever we have to. I am in Florida now, flew in yesterday. I almost didn't make it a horrible migraine hit yesterday morning and 2 hours before my flight I was in bed with an ice pack, Relpax and Percocet with phenegan. My husband was determined to get me at sea level, we both felt I was very close to stroking out. At sea level I normally only have 4-5 migraines a month, vs the 20+ I have had March and April. I will be here on the west coast for about 10 days, hoping we will have something arranged by the time I go back.

Hoping and praying this all happens for you this week!

Trinity
7777Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

It's On (again) Empty Thinking of you!

Post  KimbaK Thu 01 May 2014, 8:45 pm

This is the eve of the rest of my life. I hope. I'm scheduled for the surgery tomorrow morning. I have to be at Methodist Hospital at 8:30 am and will be on the table at 10:00 am. It is supposed to take about 2 hours, them however long in recovery, then home. My dad is taking me. Since I can't pull my baby out of school again, my mother volunteered to stay home to get her to school and home at the end of the day.

She has to go to her dad's this weekend. Probably best. I think I'll sleep a lot. This way when she comes home, I'll be mostly rested and ready for her.

I'm still obsessing about my hair. I know it will be grow back, but after I have this done, everyone will be able to see it. As if there is anyone in this town who doesn't know how badly the migraines have handicapped me...

I have one tonight. I've taken my meds and am getting ready to go to bed. I'm planning to get up and shower before we leave in the morning. That last shower before the surgery fresh feeling... My head is acting up pretty bad tonight. I think its the migraines trying to throw one last big bash before I kick their butts to the curb!!! God Bless optimism.

Trin, you are in my prayers. I'm sending positive thoughts and hugs your way. Is there any way you could have your procedure done in Texas? Would it be cheaper anywhere else? I wish I could fix this for you.

Kim

KimbaK
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

It's On (again) Empty so happy for you!

Post  7777Trinity Fri 02 May 2014, 9:30 am

Kim
I am so glad everything went through this time. I can't wait to hear from you in a few days! I want to know all the aras the doctor decompressed on you. I am praying for you to recovery quickly without too much pain and I am rejoicing with you for the start of a new life that is not controlled by the monster!

(((HUGS)))
Trinity
7777Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum