The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

down and out for about a week. Baddd migraine and stomach

+3
alli
Paradox
kimsmom
7 posters

Go down

down and out for about a week. Baddd migraine and stomach Empty down and out for about a week. Baddd migraine and stomach

Post  kimsmom Wed 18 May 2011, 8:45 am

Hi all,

I have not been around for about a week or so. I have had some stomach bug that came and went and came back again. Then on Sunday one of my worst headaches. I did not go to the hospital because the last time I went they really did not do anything for me. I left with the same headache. So I tuffed it out and called my primary care doctor for injectable imitrex. I was not keeping anything down. They would not call any in since I had not been there since 2009. I went yesterday to the doctors. THey could not see me on Monday when I was dying. So I got some but I cannot take it because my blood pressure it high. I am now on a blood pressure med. I will send another post on that one.

Has anyone had some stomach bug that comes and goes? This has been going on for over a week now.

I also had the migraine that I get everytime there is a full moon. But this one put me down for the count. I was in bed or on the couch with lights off and shades pulled. No meds touched it. Hense the injectable imitrex which I normally cannot take anymore due to stomach pain but with injectable it bypasses the stomach.

Just wanted to check in and let you all know why I have not been here for a while.

Painfree days my friends,

kimsmom
kimsmom
kimsmom
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

down and out for about a week. Baddd migraine and stomach Empty Re: down and out for about a week. Baddd migraine and stomach

Post  Paradox Wed 18 May 2011, 9:04 am

Have you tried injectable Toradol? I have more luck with that than Imitrex.

Is your BP usually high? Mine is usually very low but goes sky high when I'm migraining. Well, sky high for me who usually sits at 110/68. But ER staff don't want to believe a 51 year old overweight woman when she says that 135/90 is high. I get the "yeah, right" look. Occasionally I'll go up in to the 150's which gets their attention.

Hope you're feeling better.
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

down and out for about a week. Baddd migraine and stomach Empty Re: down and out for about a week. Baddd migraine and stomach

Post  kimsmom Wed 18 May 2011, 9:11 am

Thanks Charlotte. I have been running about 150 something over 90 for a while now. They said if it is consistant than it is time for bp meds. So I am going to post now about Benicar which they put me on.

I had a Toradol shot yesterday at the doctors office. I have to say I really do not think it did much good. I guess we are all different. She said it was an anti-inflamatory. It was to take the edge off. It maybe did that.

kimsmom
kimsmom
kimsmom
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Wed 18 May 2011, 9:20 am

I get IBS attacks with migraines which makes my stomach and gut cramp and then it gives my the runs. It sucks and depending on how long the migraine lasts it can go for several days. Serotonin runs the gut and low levels trigger IBS and migraines. Maybe it is something like this.

alli
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Wed 18 May 2011, 8:02 pm

I'm so sorry you are going though such a tough time. I've been laying low myself. I have no idea why but it;s been a tough go for quite a few of us. I hope things improve for you soon. Smile
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Wed 18 May 2011, 10:06 pm

Kimsmom, you sound so miserable, I feel so sorry for you!
I too, recently had a prolonged bout of allergies, cold, and sinus infection and allergies all the time on top of all that
so I have an idea how you may feel - very icky and exhausted, {{{you poor thing}}}

I think yeah, it is possible that sometimes a cold flare up like that before it goes away for good.
I think after two weeks, it should start letting up, fingers crossed.

wishing you better days,
Risa

Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruth Thu 19 May 2011, 7:29 pm

So sorry to hear you're having a bad time Kimsmom (not sure if I can use your name on this new site, some wanted to remain anonymous).

Anyway, I recently went to an urgent care centre in the most excruciating pain, I was doubled over with the worse cramping I have ever had. They did x rays, blood, urine etc. tests. but still couldn't figure out exactly what it was, possibly a bug. They gave me Toradol which did hardly anything, but they gave me antispasmodic drugs in an IV and pills to take home which helped a little.

Hope you're feeling a little better now. Sorry to hear you're still having a lot of migraines.

Take care
Ruth

Ruth
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  kimsmom Thu 19 May 2011, 7:47 pm

Thank you everyone for your thoughtfulness. I am feeling better. I was told to take an antacid so I started those today. I do not have the stomach problems I have been having now for the past two weeks. The migraine has passed and I am hopful the BP meds are helping.

Thank you Ruth for not using my name. I do want to be anonymous so KM or kimsmom is good here unless you PM me.

You all are great and I am so thankful for this site!

kimsmom
kimsmom
kimsmom
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  kimsmom Thu 19 May 2011, 7:51 pm

Ruth- sorry I hit send before I could ask you how you are feeling now? Pain like that is horrible and not knowing what is causing it is frightening. I hope you have gotten to the bottom of it.

Glad to see you here on this site.

Hope you are feeling better soon!

kimsmom

kimsmom
kimsmom
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Thu 19 May 2011, 8:36 pm

Ruth, apart from Xray did they do anything more sophisticated as MRI or ct scan?
My daughter suffers from most severe, disabling stomach pains almost on a daily basis for close to two year by now.
she also had only Xray done, and an ultrasound.

there is hardly a period where she isn't in some pain to a degree. She suffers so much my heart breaks.
The only test she have done so far were USG and Xray. This is an insult!

She should have done at least ct scan and gastroscopy. Xray is an archaic method! is good,
but so is ct scan is like xray only hundred thousand times better and less risky in most cases.

If you haven't had ct scan done and /or MRI the try get one, Ruth.

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruth Fri 20 May 2011, 7:52 am

Kimsmom, I am feeling much better now thanks, but it took a good week to clear up. Glad to hear you are feeling better today.

Risa, your daughter should be having more tests. They told me at the hospital when I was having those awful stomach pains that if it didn't clear up they would do a CT scan.
She shouldn't be suffering with this at her young age, something has to be causing it.

Ruth
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Fri 20 May 2011, 2:34 pm

Oh, that's good Ruth. So you will be having some done, perhaps.

My daughter is being treated horribly. Not only they refused to give her further testing, but our GP refused
to sent her for a second opinion, can you believe that?
We are left to our own devices.
I will have to go by way of private drs and clinics, if I can find any.

My dear USA friends - always vote against government only funded medical care - it's bollocks.

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Sat 21 May 2011, 4:39 am

KM, glad you are feeling better, nothing worse than a stomach virus! Risa, have you tried a gluten free diet for your daughter? Usually, I would say dont try it until tests for Celiac and gluten intolerance are done, but since they dont seem interested, I would just try it. I had awful stomach pain growing up. How I wish someone had figured it out for me! Hope you get some help.
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Sat 21 May 2011, 4:03 pm

We tried gluten free diet for a while, it doesn't seem to a problem.
If we ever get the gastro I desperately want her to have I will also ask for biopsy to make sure, though.

If I am not mistaken, taking the sample of the gut is the only way to confirm or rule out the celiac?

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down