The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kind of bummed

5 posters

Go down

Kind of bummed Empty Kind of bummed

Post  KimbaK Wed 13 Jul 2011, 4:04 pm

I guess I thought that not working and being able to rest as needed would reduce some of the intensity and frequency of the migraines, but I'm not seeing much of a difference. I'm glad that I can be in a cool, dark, quiet room most of the time. That was definitely not possible while I worked. I don't know what I really expected, but a little relief wouldn't hurt my feelings.

I mailed all the forms regarding my disability yesterday. I think its funny that I live in Texas, but I had to mail the forms to Illinois. They are going to be swamped with paperwork when they get it. I had to document every job I had over the last 15 years. They only gave me 6 blank pages to document that. I made a lot of copies and documented my 15 jobs. In the comment section I wrote in all the different medical disciplines I've tried, all the alternative approaches, everything I could think of. I documented all the things I did to modify my work environments to better manage my condition. I adjusted lights, bought my own ergonomic chairs and keyboards, took breaks, practiced relaxation exercises, etc...

I really hope this all weighs in my favor and I am not denied on my first attempt. I know that 9 out of 10 people are denied on the first filing and I am prepared to appeal any denials until I get the benefits. I just keep thinking that with everything I've tried and documented that it to darn well should count for me this time.

I'm so grateful to be able to come here and know that people really do understand this. During the times when the pain is at its worst, I know that I am not alone and there are people who truly understand how awful this is. I hurt at about a 4-5 today so its not unbearable.

I hop everyone is feeling at least okay today. Thanks for being here and offering support and not judging me!!!!!

KimbaK
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Kind of bummed Empty Re: Kind of bummed

Post  milo Wed 13 Jul 2011, 7:26 pm

How long until you find out? Sounds like you really put all you could into it.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:39 pm

I'm waving my voodoo dead chicken for you for luck. Okay, actually it's a rubber chicken key chain, but really, it's good luck! Very Happy
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Kind of bummed Empty I find out in August

Post  KimbaK Thu 14 Jul 2011, 8:23 am

I get my answer in August. Even if they approve it, I won't get any money until October. But it will be nice to have some kind of answer. Yes means I can relax a little. No means I dig in for another round of paperwork and a fight...

KimbaK
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Fri 15 Jul 2011, 5:01 am

You might find that over time, your head might settle down some. I found that at first when I quit my regular job and started my own petsitting company where I could control my own hours. But when I looked back over a year or so they really were less often (in between periods).Hormonal migraines didnt change, but were less stressful knowing I could rest when I needed to. Hope you get a little relief soon.
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  steph Fri 15 Jul 2011, 9:06 pm

You are still having a lot of stress dealing with the disability paperwork and stuff. I am certain that is weighing on your mond, let alone not working and the loss of income. I went through the disability process and it sucks. I felt like I was laying myself out there for the world to see and make a decision about. It is worrisome that they might not regard you as disabled when you actually are. There is A LOT of stress in that!!! I am so wishing you the best possible outcome!

I do not have a voodoo chicken, but will be sending good thoughts your way!!! cheers lol!
steph
steph
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri 15 Jul 2011, 10:23 pm

It seems that some times the silliest conversations come from the most serious topics. There's a story behind my chicken.

I was sitting aT lunch with three other colleagues, one a very dear long time friend of mine (who also has a handicapped son and we have a tendency to have a skewered sense of humor). She had just told us that her husband had stage 4 cancer of the throat. We discussed it longer and then the other two said " I'll be praying for you" and "I'll start a prayer chain". Eyes were then on me...I never know what to say. So I blurted out "you know I'm agnostic so I got nothin'. I suppose I could wave a voodoo chicken". And then the giggles started. And didn't stop. You know how you try, but then someone elses shoulders start moving and pretty soon you can't talk because you're laughing over a ridiculous, inappropriate comment.

My friend said it had been so long since she laughed and it felt good. Now every six months the four of us, now known a DCS ( the Dead Chicken Society) go out to lunch. We all have matching rubber chicken key rings. When we're at meetings and a problem arises that is seemingly impossible to solve, out of the corner of my eye I'll see a rubber chicken sitting on the table.

Why? Because with experimental treatments her husband has been cancer free for five years. It was vicious, but he survived.

So, since I don't have prayers to send, I send hugs, warmest thoughts and wishes, and I wave my voodoo chicken.
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Kind of bummed Empty Voodoo Chicken

Post  KimbaK Sat 16 Jul 2011, 5:31 pm

I love that!! I have such weird screwball luck that the chicken may be what makes it work for me. I am Christian and do pray ( alot!!!). But my luck is just so screwy and the weird stuff always happens to me. I may need a voodoo chicken. Or voodoo chicken and dumplings...

I appreciate all the support. I am going slightly more crazy waiting for the response.

KimbaK
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  steph Sat 16 Jul 2011, 9:09 pm

haha! I love it! I am not Christian, and I NEVER know what to say when folks say stuff like that!! I am always like "you'll be in our thoughts", which is rather lame! Although, there is a reason why, much of my family is very conservative christian. AND in my close neighborhood, VERY religious. (my 2 neighbors are studying to be pastors...). I would probably be burned at the stake if I ever said that!!! LOL None of them have a reasonable sense of humor either, and I have a rather r/x rated sordid sense of humor myself!! lol!
steph
steph
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Sun 17 Jul 2011, 7:08 pm

I'm still laughing about the voodoo chicken
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down