The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horrible Medication reaction last night

4 posters

Go down

Horrible Medication reaction last night Empty Horrible Medication reaction last night

Post  milo Mon 22 Aug 2011, 8:46 pm

I took a long acting codeine yesterday and had the worst reaction I've ever had to a medication.

My whole body was on fire and I couldn't stop itching. My throat was itchy, my lips tingling and I got panicky.

I gave myself a needle of benadryl and it still didn't help. I was freaking out. My skin was so full of hives that it felt like my skin was going to split. It was so hot to touch.

It was very, very scary. I guess I can take that one off the list of possible rescue meds.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Horrible Medication reaction last night Empty Re: Horrible Medication reaction last night

Post  Migrainegirl Mon 22 Aug 2011, 10:26 pm

Milo,

That is scary! I hope you are recovered. Medicine reactions can be serious.
I hope you get that listed on your medical records as a major allergy. You could easily get it
in an emergency situation and that would be bad.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Horrible Medication reaction last night Empty Re: Horrible Medication reaction last night

Post  Paradox Tue 23 Aug 2011, 10:26 am

Yikes! And you never had that reaction to regular codeine? I don't have injectable benadryl, but I do have a epi-pen for bee strings so I guess that would be my back up.
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Tue 23 Aug 2011, 6:24 pm

I'm all ok now! I even managed to take a smaller dose of codeine and survive! Under medical supervision of course. Smile
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Horrible Medication reaction last night Empty Gkad you are ok!

Post  KimbaK Wed 24 Aug 2011, 9:57 pm

That sounds scary. I tried a new muscle relaxer a few months ago. I couldn't sleep and I felt like I was bouncing off the walls. It took forever to wear off so I will not try that one again. I felt like I was about to come out of my own skin!!

Glad you are better now!

KimbaK
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Thu 25 Aug 2011, 7:03 pm

Kimbak, that reaction is called akathesia and you should keep track of the meds that do it to you.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down