The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new to this forum, but not migraines

3 posters

Go down

new to this forum, but not migraines Empty new to this forum, but not migraines

Post  sconesail Sat 27 Aug 2011, 7:02 am

Hi All,

I am new to this forum but not to migraines.

I have been dealing with New Daily Persistent Headache/Chronic intractable migraine since age 17, now thirty. I have tried most of the medications- but the preventatives don't really work that well for me. Right now, I am on Pristiq and Zanaflex for prevention and T3, klonopin and benedryl for the bad ones. If it is really bad, I will either do a course of steroids or an IV of depakan.

I also have Neurocardiogenic syncope- which means I faint about ten times a day. I am currently trying to get to the cleveland clinic to see about this.

Pain free days,
sconesail

sconesail
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

new to this forum, but not migraines Empty Re: new to this forum, but not migraines

Post  Sara79 Sat 27 Aug 2011, 11:35 am

Welcome!

I'm glad you found us here!

I've got a random question, but by any chance are you sailingmuffin over at Rhonda's? If not,no biggie, but her description of what she struggles with sounds much like yours. You also have similar styles of 'speech' (how you phrase things) I'm Sara79 on both sites, people at both locations can be so very nice.

I hope the Cleveland Clinic can help sort things out for you, I'm blessed (if you can call it that) that I only get stubborn migraines. Mine are mostly weather and stress induced. You should see me when running around with three pairs of glasses, plain, little to no tint, Slightly tinted good for when indoor lights are a problem, and the really really dark pair for having to go outside with a doozie.

Take care!

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

new to this forum, but not migraines Empty hi

Post  sconesail Sat 27 Aug 2011, 5:05 pm

Hi All,

Yes, I am sailingmuffin from Ronda's site. I just changed the name around for something else and it worked, so I am sconesail here and sailingmuffin over there. Ok, if you see flying breakfast foods combined with sailing, it might be me and of course, you figured it out. Very Happy Very Happy

I have had an incredibly rough day today- lots of fainting, headache hovering at a 9- and am very frustrated because there is not much I can do about either thing. I have been taking it easy most of the day, which is good. I have also done a lot this week- a friend and I are looking at some apartments that are in or around this neighborhood and that is good. I'm glad to have yet another friend and roommate who will deal with me.

I hope the cleveland clinic can help to. I will schedule the appointment on Monday.

Pain free days,
sconesail

sconesail
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

new to this forum, but not migraines Empty Re: new to this forum, but not migraines

Post  Sara79 Sat 27 Aug 2011, 9:53 pm

Ugh. I hate those days where it just all seems to be as bad as it can get. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

I can tell that we've got a weather front nearby here in Kansas, but when don't we? Rolling Eyes Between that and this really bad summer cold, I've been mostly house and couch bound since Tues. Other than the doctor's office and the pharmacy I haven't left the house, which is good for everyone else.

Take care!

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Sun 28 Aug 2011, 10:49 am

Welcome to the party! You may find that you know many of us already.

I hope the clinic can help.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down