The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sonata problems

3 posters

Go down

sonata problems Empty sonata problems

Post  sconesail Thu 06 Oct 2011, 8:33 am

Hi All,

About a month ago, I switched my night meds from zanaflex to sonata (mostly at the insistence of my mother). However, the sonata doesn't work nearly as well. I never seem to get any really deep sleep- this makes me tired- which makes me faint more, which makes the headaches worse. In addition, I have noticed that I tend to eat during the night- something I don't usually do. Does anyone else have this problem with sonata?

I have a call in to my sleep dr. regarding this.
I also still have some zanaflex, I thought I might try it at a low dose and record the fainting to compare or see if tthere is any problem there.

Just had to vent.

pain free days,
sconesail

sconesail
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

sonata problems Empty Re: sonata problems

Post  Cluelesskitty Thu 06 Oct 2011, 4:49 pm

which makes me faint more, which makes the headaches worse.

well I hate to point the obvious, but .. seems like Sonata make you worse, not better.

Look, your mother might meant well, but she isn't your doctor, so maybe it will be better to disengage yourself
from family drama once and for all,
and listen only to what your doctor says and think what is right for you, and go back to Zanaflex?

There is no reason to feel guilty about Zanaflex working better for you just because mom doesn't like it as much as she likes
other meds, sweetheart. It is your life, not hers, to live in...

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Fri 07 Oct 2011, 5:07 am

I agree with Risa, stay with the things that work for you. You know your body better than anyone else. Have you ever tried adding a stimulant to counteract the fatigue? My daughter was not getting good migraine relief from her meds until she added Vivance. She says fatigue is a major trigger for her. She takes an antidepressant for migraine prevention.
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  sconesail Sun 09 Oct 2011, 12:21 pm

Hi All,

I switched from sonata back to zanaflex about a week ago and it has helped some. I spoke my mother about it- told her I was having some side effects (mostly getting up at night and eating things) and that I did not think that was acceptable. Neither did she. Remarkable what happens when you come to your parents with reliable information. So yes, I am back on zanaflex. There has been no change in the fainting.

Pain free days,
sconesail

sconesail
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Sun 09 Oct 2011, 3:55 pm

Excellent. I am sure also you standing your ground did it, maybe mostly that Very Happy

The most important thing is you are back on medication that seem to be working well for you.

Please do trust in yourself more, sweetheart.

And please keep in mind, even if you make a mistake or two or three somewhere along on this road - that's FINE.
You were guided and told what to do left and right all this time, so you are entitled to make many mistakes in fact.
Don't get discouraged, and don't take it as a sign you shouldn't trust yourself- on the contrary,
the best lessons are learned from mistakes. We all do that. Every single day. Young or old Laughing

Good luck sweetie!

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down