The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Thanksgiving Day, CANADA !!!! ....

3 posters

Go down

Happy Thanksgiving Day, CANADA !!!! .... Empty Happy Thanksgiving Day, CANADA !!!! ....

Post  Cluelesskitty Mon 10 Oct 2011, 5:30 pm

Happy Thanksgiving Day

to all our Fabulous Canadians and to our Fabulous USA friends!

Happy Thanksgiving Day, CANADA !!!! .... Croche10

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Happy Thanksgiving Day, CANADA !!!! .... Empty Re: Happy Thanksgiving Day, CANADA !!!! ....

Post  30yrsofheadache Mon 10 Oct 2011, 5:51 pm

Happy Thanksgiving. How do you celebrate?
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Happy Thanksgiving Day, CANADA !!!! .... Empty Re: Happy Thanksgiving Day, CANADA !!!! ....

Post  Cluelesskitty Mon 10 Oct 2011, 6:09 pm

Well in my family we do the traditional store bought stuffing stuffed turkey with these little bagged mixed potatoes
(white, yellow and purple) baked (usually in walnut or sesame or corn oil) later along the turkey in the oven,
but in the separate dish, sprinkled with thyme, oregano, salt, red sweet pepper, black pepper if you like, (any herbs you like)
a Caesar salad with added tomatoes and minus croutons,
canned cranberries.

I will also oven grill 2-3 zucchini cut lengthwise, sprinkled with ready Tex Mex herb mix for veggies
and a bit of walnut oil (it can be any mild vegetable oil).
You can put them on aluminum foil directly or you can put them directly on the grill with aluminum under on the grill below.

And that's it, basically. Easy, simple and tasty Smile

What are you guys planning to do for your big dinner?

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Mon 10 Oct 2011, 6:38 pm

Well, despite always saying we should try something new, we usually end up with someone whining about not having a favorite dish. Our usual menu includes Turkey with home made stuffing (gluten free and regular), sweet potato casserole,gravy, cranberries,green beans, sometimes mashed potatoes, pecan and pumpkin pies. Too much food! Several of us are on diets, but we will probably not change the menu..

Your meal sounds yummy and probably healthier!
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Mon 10 Oct 2011, 8:39 pm

Sounds heavenly, Cindy!
Happy Thanksgiving Day, CANADA !!!! .... Drool11

And Cindy, ours "healthier" only because we are plain too lazy to do anything else
Happy Thanksgiving Day, CANADA !!!! .... A065

This year I though briefly about doing a turkey breast roll up with Swiss chard stuffing that looked so delicious while some
fancy-shmancy TV Chef was preparing, but once the show ended and the reality set in, I was like... ummmmmmm...

lololololol

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Tue 11 Oct 2011, 8:03 am

I found the easiest way to cook a turkey recently. Since I was only cooking for a few people I bought a breast, defrosted it, and stuffed garlic sage and thyme under the skin and into the little space beneath the ribs (the cavity on a whole turkey). I put it on low in a crockpot for about 12 hours, but I think 8-10 would have done it. Yummy, moist and simple enough to do even on a bad head day.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down