The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going through a rough patch- need advice/ vant

5 posters

Go down

Going through a rough patch- need advice/ vant Empty Going through a rough patch- need advice/ vant

Post  sconesail Tue 11 Oct 2011, 4:42 pm

Hi All,

I am going through a really rough patch with the migraines right now and i am not sure what to do.

Nothing that I have on hand seems to be working well. Plus, the IV I had last week didn't help much at all. I am just not sure where to go from here. i am going to the Cleveland Clinic for the fainting problem in mid-november, will also see a neurologist about headaches- just to see if we can do anything else.

I had to cancel volunteering this morning and I absolutely hate doing that. I just feel kind of useless right now. For the past few days, I haven't been able to do much of anything at all due to headaches and fainting. It is bad right now. I am curled up on the sofa waiting forr meds to kick in. Also, I am having pretty bad nausea with this one- zofran has helped, so did ginger and an injection of phenergan. I just hate this.

Anyway, I just needed to vent. any advice welcome.

Pain free days,
sconesail

sconesail
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Going through a rough patch- need advice/ vant Empty Re: Going through a rough patch- need advice/ vant

Post  milo Tue 11 Oct 2011, 4:57 pm

I know the feeling so well! Hang in there, better days will come for us!
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Going through a rough patch- need advice/ vant Empty Re: Going through a rough patch- need advice/ vant

Post  Cluelesskitty Tue 11 Oct 2011, 5:58 pm

Migraine is such a difficult, disabling, HARD disease.

There is not much we can do but just hang in there and persevere.

And hope that someday, sometime, someone will figure out the right medication combo that will at least keep the symptoms
under moderate control, or ideally - the best control, the pain at minimum, the attacks at nil, and so on.

The perfect scenario would be to have someone discover what's wrong with us and fix it once and for all.. aahhhhh I love you
And this I wish for you dear Sail when you will go see these doctors soon.

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Fri 14 Oct 2011, 5:02 am

I dont know that there is really anything else to do, really. That is the sad part of migraine, acceptance of the things you cant control. With you being at the point in your life that you are, it is even harder. I wish you could get back to see the Dr. in VA again. He has done wonders for Zoe. I hope you get some help at Cleveland Clinic.
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Fri 14 Oct 2011, 2:29 pm

Wise words, Cindy.

How are you doing, Sail?
Any better, I hope?

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Mon 17 Oct 2011, 1:21 pm

I'm sorry you are doing so poorly..praying, that you feel better soon.

I'm so thankful to have all of my migraine angels,,you have become my migraine family. I love each of you dearly.. I love you

Greeneyes
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Mon 17 Oct 2011, 7:50 pm

I love you
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down