The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the pacemaker, 1 year

+3
kimsmom
Ruth
Porsche Fan
7 posters

Go down

the pacemaker, 1 year Empty the pacemaker, 1 year

Post  Porsche Fan Tue 22 Nov 2011, 6:53 pm

today's my 1 year anneversary of my pacemaker implantation. wow, it's made a fantastic change in my life for the better. i've only had a handful of faints....none have been total, but near faints.

it was odd at first having this thing implanted and functioning to keep my heart's rhythm normal, but now i really don't notice it at all. it's firing 45 minutes out of every hour--most of the time you don't notice it. however when it does need to do some more intensive pacing, it feels like you are lightly getting the wind knocked out of you.

took 21 years of battle with the country's biggest cardiologists, but i finally won with a great female cardiologist--i love this lady. now, everyone slaps their heads to say why didn't we do this earlier...duh, you are boneheads.

it has made a big difference in vascular migraine. now my brain gets a normal flow of oxygenated blood to it. i still have some problems if i overtake the pacemaker by doing too much.

i still have to take all my heart meds, but it's made a huge difference. so, the long and short, keep beating the door down of the "system." there is no magic bullet. you can't fix everything, but sometimes if you fight hard enough you get a benefit.

hope you kids are well.

happy thanksgiving...and if you're not having thanksgiving, i hope you have a fantastic dinner.

-mgb
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

the pacemaker, 1 year Empty Re: the pacemaker, 1 year

Post  Ruth Tue 22 Nov 2011, 9:47 pm

So happy to hear it's made such a difference Marc. Maybe one day I will be lucky enough to see a Cardiologist and get one myself, sometimes I think I need one.
I mentioned before that my doctor said the Cardio. he got in touch with wouldn't see me, because of the tests I've had and nothing showed up he didn't think it was necessary to be seen. I wish he could feel how my heart acts up so much of the time. So many skipped beats can't be normal, and once in a while it will beat 114 times a minute. I have a physical coming up shortly so I will mention it to my doctor again.

Take care Smile

Ruth
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  kimsmom Tue 22 Nov 2011, 10:00 pm

Great news Marc! So glad the pace maker is working out for you and making things better. We all like to hear that.

Ruth, I hope they check into your heart more closely. It is always good to get second opinions.

Happy Thanksgiving to you both and to the rest of our migriane world. I hope we can be as pain free as possible for the day.

kimsmom
kimsmom
kimsmom
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Wed 23 Nov 2011, 5:36 am

That is so nice to hear. You deserve some better health for a change! Hope you get out and enjoy it. Happy Thanksgiving to you, also.
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Wed 23 Nov 2011, 8:51 pm

That is such great news!

Did you have high or low blood pressure?
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Fri 25 Nov 2011, 12:58 am

took 21 years of battle with the country's biggest cardiologists, but i finally won with a great female cardiologist

Rolling Eyes not to gloat, but... where would you men be without us ladies Rolling Eyes

seriously, I am so glad someone finally listened, Marc. You've suffered so much, and I shudder to think what could have happened
to you without your pacemaker What a Face
You certainly wouldn't feel as good as you do now, and faint so much more.

"They slap their heads"?, I wish I could kick them in their 'nads for you! repeatedly!

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Fri 25 Nov 2011, 6:12 am

Great news Marc..doing the dance of joy for you..woo hoo..

Kudos for giving your female cardiologist praise..Is you lady doctor single? Maybe, this is your match Wink

Thankful that you are feeling so much better..I agree with Risa..thank goodness you are still here.

Almost everyone from my entire family who has passed away has died from heart problems..My heart seems to be good..just have a little heart mumor..and low blood pressure...but, that's better than high blood pressure Smile

Hope all my migraine angels had a very blessed Thanksgiving yesterday..

I love you greeneyes

Greeneyes
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche Fan Fri 25 Nov 2011, 11:53 pm

Thanks guys.

I've been having a few rough days. A bit of stress here and there, and I'm getting paced a lot. Tonight, I've had some chest pain and took a couple nitro tabs. Not unusual for heart patients, but I'll bring it up to my cardio when i see him in 2 weeks.

The lady doc, frankly, kicks ass. I know a few people in town, and it's gotten back to her of how highly I think of her--she's got a good rep, and people really like her.

Blood pressure--I have both high and low bp. I have postural hypotension. It's tied into a bunch of problems, and now it's looking like adrenal insufficiency. The cardiac meds sometimes push bp too low, which can trigger syncope and the creshendo effect of cardiac stuff.

My vagal nerve...that grumpy huge nerve that runs from your head next to your heart, stomach, esophagus is extremely sensative. Irritate that, and it causes my heart rhythm to go wonky.

I have a new area to attack regarding HA...the pituitary, hypothalmus, and adrenal glands.

thanks for the kind words. i dont care about kicking the docs in the n@ds. i'd embarass them publicly in front of their peers.
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down