The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone read girl with the dragon tattoo?

4 posters

Go down

Has anyone read girl with the dragon tattoo? Empty Has anyone read girl with the dragon tattoo?

Post  steph Fri 23 Dec 2011, 10:03 am

Just wondering if anyone has read GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO. I read all three books in the series and loved them all. My mom was not able to get much into the first one! She actually gave me her copy! I cannot wait to see the movie. It just opened on the 21st here and we just haven't had time to go to it yet, but hopefully we will have a babysitter next week!!!!
steph
steph
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Has anyone read girl with the dragon tattoo? Empty Re: Has anyone read girl with the dragon tattoo?

Post  30yrsofheadache Fri 23 Dec 2011, 1:45 pm

Steph, I loved them, too. Except for the rape part, that was a bit graphic! I cant wait to see the movie. Hopefully, next week.
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Has anyone read girl with the dragon tattoo? Empty Re: Has anyone read girl with the dragon tattoo?

Post  milo Fri 23 Dec 2011, 7:20 pm

I tried but didn't get into it. Maybe I'll try again. Smile
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Fri 23 Dec 2011, 8:22 pm

It's been at least a year since I bought first two books and still I haven't got to read them Embarassed
but I have seen on the HBO the movie, all three parts, the Swedish version - it was quite good!

Now I can't wait for the US version, Wonder how different it will be from the European one.

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  steph Sun 01 Jan 2012, 3:18 pm

Well I went to the movie last week and thought it was pretty good. I am excited for the sequel (s). My husband also went, and he didn't read any of the books. He thought the movie was ok, but was lost a few times and cannot see how there would be a sequel...little does he know!!!
steph
steph
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Sun 01 Jan 2012, 8:19 pm

lolol yeah this is one nifty trilogy, eh ???

Glad you enjoyed the movie.
Have you seen the European version as well? I wonder how do you compare the two?

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  steph Sun 01 Jan 2012, 8:47 pm

no I haven't seen the european version. I recall my uncle telling me it is subtitiled (???). I may check it out, but when I heard about the subtitles, I was unsure. Sometimes they create a difficulty for me.
steph
steph
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Sun 01 Jan 2012, 10:05 pm

Unfortunately, it is subtitled, but try nevertheless!
The movie is so engrossing, you may find they doesn't bother you at all.

Besides, there could be two types of subtitles on DVD (unless you rent from the cable box, then you have no choice) -
the Subtitles with are sort of open captions
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkvk57fG251qfh6o9o1_500.png

and Closed Captions -CC-
which look like this:
http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/closed-caption.jpg

CC has to be enabled by your TV MENU by turning on your CC1 option on.
then you have to turn off the Subtitles on your DVD, or you will have BOTH captions on at the same time lolol

Closed Captions are much more comfortable to read, though, because of the black background.
I suppose if you'd like to give it a try you may want to fiddle with both a bit before watching the movie.

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down