The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here's something interesting...pharmacy/ins. co. medication authorization

2 posters

Go down

Here's something interesting...pharmacy/ins. co. medication authorization Empty Here's something interesting...pharmacy/ins. co. medication authorization

Post  Porsche Fan Sun 01 Jan 2012, 12:58 am

i have to take a med that helps treat the effects of my pituitary tumor--it's heavily regulated. it was on a yearly review and renewal. i got a letter stating the medication had been authorized until 2099....

i laughed....it's correct, and part of the medical review and systems process for medication renewal.

but on the not so funny side, my doc must have put enough language in that things will not get better, which is another kind of up the creek moment.

i called my ins. co. for confirmation. as i thought, my logic was correct. i'll be one old f@rt at that time. the most important thing, is it sets medical precidence if i switch carriers.

it's an important med that really makes the difference between painful, not fun life to a more energetic life with less pain.

another one of those healthcare moments we all get to face.
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Here's something interesting...pharmacy/ins. co. medication authorization Empty Re: Here's something interesting...pharmacy/ins. co. medication authorization

Post  Cluelesskitty Sun 01 Jan 2012, 8:17 pm

Aww Marc... I think the doctor put in there what he has to put to make the renewal pass for sure.
But this not necessarily what the future hold for you is it, sweetheart!

Please don't make prediction for your condition based on the medication renewal.
Today may look a bit bleak but you never know what discoveries science will bring tomorrow!

Not to mention your body may go into remission on it's own. You never know....

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Here's something interesting...pharmacy/ins. co. medication authorization Empty Re: Here's something interesting...pharmacy/ins. co. medication authorization

Post  Porsche Fan Sun 01 Jan 2012, 11:21 pm

yeah, it's part of system coding, but my case was reviewed by their physician case review panel. the letter was signed by the director of pharmacy services--so, it went to the big boys and girls.

coming from the doc though, he's a director of a department, as well as academic dean of the division of the med school/college.

it's good news that they ok'ed it, but there is no fix. 20 years ago, they said they'd have genetically engineered hearts.....we're nowhere's close to that, let alone any new migraine medicines.

ok, enough of being a pessimist.
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Sun 01 Jan 2012, 11:46 pm

20 years ago, they said they'd have genetically engineered hearts.

Hmm, I don't know about that, true, but then again, wasn't it 20 years ago when a Jarvik-7,
the first artificial heart was developed and transplanted?

Then, Jarvik 2000, a thumb-sized heart pump was constructed.
http://www.jarvikheart.com/basic.asp?id=63

So, if one particular option is unavailable then there is always another.

Says the ever optimist in me Smile

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down