The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Annoying news articles

4 posters

Go down

Annoying news articles  Empty Annoying news articles

Post  Migrainegirl Mon 25 Jun 2012, 6:18 pm

I have recently noticed quite a few news articles like the one below, taklking about how there are all these great solutions for migraines out there, if only migraine suffers knew about them. I'm getting really annoyed by what I'm sure is a well meaning sentiment, but one which completely misses the mark.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2012/06/25/155575937/many-migraines-can-be-prevented-with-treatments-but-few-use-them?ps=sh_sthdl

The people here aren't suffering from migraines because they live in a bubble and haven't bothered to go to the doctor. We've pretty much tried EVERYTHING OUT THERE. And those wonder drugs either didn't work, only work somewhat, or cause such awful side effects as to be worse than the original disease.

Honestly! It's getting to be insulting.

(Thanks I feel better for the opportunity to vent.)
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Annoying news articles  Empty Re: Annoying news articles

Post  30yrsofheadache Tue 26 Jun 2012, 5:28 am

I agree. I,ve gotten to the point where I wont read random articles about migraine treatment anymore. Unless someone I am familiar with recommends it as new info, I leave it. Life is too short!
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Tue 26 Jun 2012, 11:12 pm

I feel like I am reading something eaten then vomited, almost literally ! Evil or Very Mad

I think the thing is, these magazine people have nothing new to say, best if they kept their mouth shut, then, hmmm.

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  777Trinity Thu 05 Jul 2012, 3:15 pm

The one that gets me is when someone finds out you suffer from migraines and actually ask "are you getting treatment"? "Have you tried Imitrex?" PLease....really? Imitrex??? It's been out there over 30 years, yes I have tried it..

And yes we are all "getting treatment", this horrific pain is not something you can ignore. Whether it is the media promising us a "normal" life (don't you love the tv ads) for some miracle med that does not make a dent in the "Monster" or well meaning people making statements or asking questions that were addressed years ago...it's hard. I mean, I want to be nice....but after 4 Neuro surgeries and several out patient procedures trying to turn off "the switch"...I just want to pull my hair out rather than explain over and over again. I needed that vent too! Smile

Last edited by 777Trinity on Thu 05 Jul 2012, 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
777Trinity
777Trinity
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Thu 05 Jul 2012, 5:36 pm

Trinity, you are so spot on !!!

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin