The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just Checking In

4 posters

Go down

Just Checking In Empty Just Checking In

Post  777Trinity Wed 29 Aug 2012, 11:37 am

Hey Everyone:

I haven't seen very much going on in the board and wanted to check in on everyone. I went to Florida last weekend and visited my daughter who lives there and my son who flew in to Florida from Chicago. It was great! I walked the beach, so beautiful.

Gosh, I am wondering if it's still okay for me to come on the migraine board. I am still doing better. I am in the 2nd 30days of Lisinopril, had 4 migraines in 2 weeks; 2 of them were incredibly managable with Motrin and Xanax, the other two were monsters and took Relpax and Xanax and icepacks etc. to kill them off. We'll see what the other half of this 30 days brings, 6 weeks into treatment another 6 weeks to go to see where I will land.

However many migraines I have after the end of the 90 days, will be an indicator as to how many I could expect each month. I will stay on the Lisinopril and I am praying this continues to work.

PF, the only cardiac issues I have are Ventricular Tacycardia (Sudden Death Syndrome)...there were too many days, months and years I had wished that would have kicked in. I was not able to tolerate the medication for that over 20 years ago and stopped taking it. I was only throwing about 2,000 PVC's a day and only couplets, no tripletts so I took my chances. I am used to it now and only ocassionally notice PVC's.

777Trinity
777Trinity
777Trinity
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Just Checking In Empty Re: Just Checking In

Post  milo Wed 29 Aug 2012, 6:43 pm

Such great news! Of course everyone is welcome here no matter what their relationship status is with migraines!

Did you use other meds of that class before you got onto the one that worked?
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Wed 29 Aug 2012, 8:11 pm

Trinity

We are super happy to hear positive stories. It gives everyone hope.
Please do stay around. You can also help others.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  777Trinity Thu 30 Aug 2012, 2:53 pm

milo wrote:Such great news! Of course everyone is welcome here no matter what their relationship status is with migraines!

Did you use other meds of that class before you got onto the one that worked?

Milo

I tried Norvasc, a B/P med that threw me into migraine hell...never again. The Lisinopril hasn't erased the migraines, but has helped. Smile
777Trinity
777Trinity
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  777Trinity Thu 30 Aug 2012, 2:54 pm

Migrainegirl wrote:Trinity

We are super happy to hear positive stories. It gives everyone hope.
Please do stay around. You can also help others.

Okay then!
I will stick around Smile
777Trinity
777Trinity
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche Fan Fri 31 Aug 2012, 11:52 pm

Trinity, wow.....my heart goes out to you.

With forms of ventricular tachycardia, and the multiple classes....have your docs decided not to implant an ICD device for you?

I lost my mom to sudden cardiac death and certainly your diagnosis classes you for a a pacemaker defibrillator.

Sorry if this is blunt, but I deal with cardiac problems daily (this is my largest health problem). Migraines my be painful, but they really are a nuisance compaired to this stuff. That's why I was wondering on why an ACE would have an effect on you as much as it does. An ACE doesn't really do anything for heart rhythm but helps with other vascular function.

To our migrainueurs...this isn't a slap. This is another area of health that is of extreme concern. If you're heart doesn't beat right, you don't need to worry about migraines. It might seem flippant, but this is what's been told to me by other docs and cardiologists. If that heart isn't functioning, then dont' worry about the migraines--you won't feel them.
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  777Trinity Sat 01 Sep 2012, 7:31 am

Porsche Fan wrote:Trinity, wow.....my heart goes out to you.

With forms of ventricular tachycardia, and the multiple classes....have your docs decided not to implant an ICD device for you?

I lost my mom to sudden cardiac death and certainly your diagnosis classes you for a a pacemaker defibrillator.

Sorry if this is blunt, but I deal with cardiac problems daily (this is my largest health problem). Migraines my be painful, but they really are a nuisance compaired to this stuff. That's why I was wondering on why an ACE would have an effect on you as much as it does. An ACE doesn't really do anything for heart rhythm but helps with other vascular function.

To our migrainueurs...this isn't a slap. This is another area of health that is of extreme concern. If you're heart doesn't beat right, you don't need to worry about migraines. It might seem flippant, but this is what's been told to me by other docs and cardiologists. If that heart isn't functioning, then dont' worry about the migraines--you won't feel them.

Hey PF

It was my choice not to have a pacemaker. This is the thing, I really don't have a problem with dying, it's just a non issue for me. The other is I do not want to be kept alive artifically, there is too much of that going on with folks in their 80's and 90's wasting away in nursing homes. I don't want that to happen to me in the future.

I regulate my meds intentionally so as not to "prolong" my life, only meds to mitigate suffering. That's is the choice I made when I was diagnosed with Vtach 20 years ago. I lived to raise both of my children and see them graduate from H.S. and College and much more, this is good. I am healthy otherwise, gluten free and sugar free and no artificial sweeteners. No processed foods or meat. Pretty strict, but the rewards are great overall. Not everyone will agree with my choice, but my husband and my children honor my decision and I am blessed for that Smile
777Trinity
777Trinity
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche Fan Sat 01 Sep 2012, 10:00 am

I understand Trinity. It's a tough road with many feelings. I'm glad you've had good luck with your migraines and I really hope it continues.

I'm medication dependant. I would probably still live without a pacemaker, but more damage to my heart will occur at a more rapid pace. If I stop my meds, then I'll be in bad shape fast. One of the most important is Plavix. I had a stroke after stopping it for an upper GI endoscopy.

Since my vascular system isn't well, I'm called a "vasculopath." I laugh at my doc when calls me that.

Take care,
PF.
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  777Trinity Sun 02 Sep 2012, 3:56 pm

Porsche Fan wrote:I understand Trinity. It's a tough road with many feelings. I'm glad you've had good luck with your migraines and I really hope it continues.

I'm medication dependant. I would probably still live without a pacemaker, but more damage to my heart will occur at a more rapid pace. If I stop my meds, then I'll be in bad shape fast. One of the most important is Plavix. I had a stroke after stopping it for an upper GI endoscopy.

Since my vascular system isn't well, I'm called a "vasculopath." I laugh at my doc when calls me that.

Take care,
PF.

Thanks PF Smile
777Trinity
777Trinity
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down