The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the single most important thing you do for your migraines?

+5
steph
alli
Cluelesskitty
kimsmom
milo
9 posters

Go down

What is the single most important thing you do for your migraines? Empty What is the single most important thing you do for your migraines?

Post  milo Wed 20 Apr 2011, 9:30 pm

What is the one thing that you do that you feel has the most effect on your migraines?

Mine is my botox injections.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

What is the single most important thing you do for your migraines? Empty Re: What is the single most important thing you do for your migraines?

Post  kimsmom Wed 20 Apr 2011, 9:32 pm

Mine is Lortab.
kimsmom
kimsmom
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

What is the single most important thing you do for your migraines? Empty Re: What is the single most important thing you do for your migraines?

Post  Cluelesskitty Thu 21 Apr 2011, 1:41 am

First and foremost - always having enough of my meds in reserve.
That mean making sure I have dr appmtn done in advance and knowing if and when she is away on holidays.

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Thu 21 Apr 2011, 10:10 am

Exercising regularly and herbal supplements have helped more than anything drugs. Still getting lots of migraines but the intensity is less for most of them and they rarely last longer than 2 days anymore. An vast improvement over the ones that would last 2-3 weeks.

alli
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Thu 21 Apr 2011, 10:25 am

What supplements do you use alli?
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Thu 21 Apr 2011, 10:37 am

I take
St John's Wort
CoQ10
Magnesium
Vit D
Oil of Evening Primrose
Zyrtec or Claritin - antihistamine
Multi Vitamin
Vitamin B complex
Fish Oil
Grape seed extract
Milk Thistle
Acidofilus (sp)

Since I have a variety of health issues, some are for M, some for Fibro, TN and PN, and IBS.

I also cut out as much gluten as I can - I cheat every once in a while but I pay for it.

It's a lot of stuff but works better than most of the drugs and with no side effects.

alli
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Thu 21 Apr 2011, 11:40 am

Have you already tried butterbur?
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Thu 21 Apr 2011, 11:56 am

No.. what does it do? How does it work?

alli
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  steph Thu 21 Apr 2011, 2:02 pm

well, the most important thing for me is to take care of myself. knowing my limitations and there are things I just cannot do. Botox helps a lot, but I can still have trouble if I don't do what I need to do as far as rest, sleep, sound...etc.
steph
steph
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Thu 21 Apr 2011, 2:45 pm

butterbur is a supplement that is supposed to help with migraines. Most of the top headache docs are suggesting it now at 75mg twice a day. It's one you need to take for at least three months before you see it's full benefit.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Fri 22 Apr 2011, 5:52 am

Following all the "rules" I have set for myself. It is an awful fact of migraine and one that is really hard for my 18 year old daughter to accept. Some of my "rules": No sleeping more than 8 hours a night,ever. No alcohol. drunken No gluten. Stay away from strong smells. No jewlery on neck or ears. No turtlenecks or collared shirts (weird,I know. Avoid straining the neck. No sleeping on stomach. There are many more, but you get it i am sure!
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

What is the single most important thing you do for your migraines? Empty single most important

Post  lentils Fri 22 Apr 2011, 8:55 am

Getting control of my diet. When I cut out sugar and caffeine I didn't have daily headaches anymore.

lentils
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri 22 Apr 2011, 2:24 pm

Making sure I have enough narcotics.

Learning to say "no" and not over committing myself.

Making sure I get down time.
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Sat 23 Apr 2011, 8:45 pm

My supplements are still working better for me than anything else as a preventative:

Bioidentical progesterone
Magnesium
D
Iodide

When one hits, I'm relying on 1 triptan and 5 mg oxycodone together. This combo seems to work better than just the triptan alone.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down