The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your living environment - Poll

5 posters

Go down

What's your living space

What's your living environment - Poll Vote_lcap17%What's your living environment - Poll Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
What's your living environment - Poll Vote_lcap50%What's your living environment - Poll Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 3 ]
What's your living environment - Poll Vote_lcap0%What's your living environment - Poll Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What's your living environment - Poll Vote_lcap17%What's your living environment - Poll Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
What's your living environment - Poll Vote_lcap0%What's your living environment - Poll Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What's your living environment - Poll Vote_lcap16%What's your living environment - Poll Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

What's your living environment - Poll Empty What's your living environment - Poll

Post  Paradox Sat 28 May 2011, 12:17 pm

The road we live on is five miles long, in between woods and cornfields and there are only two houses on it. Our "neighbor" actually lives on the East Coast, he has family business here and flies in a couple times a year. So we have the area to ourselves.

Our friends are amazed when we have a cook out because they can hear nothing -- no traffic sounds, no tvs, just coyotes howling in the not so far distance. It is very flat in our area. We can see cars coming for miles over the cornfields.

My BIL was shocked that we didn't put a pole light up (a pole light is on from the time the sun goes down til it comes up...most farms have them). We like sitting in the dark looking at the stars.

You don't need to tell us where you live, as you can see, I haven't, I value my privacy. Just wondering HOW you live. Question
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

What's your living environment - Poll Empty Re: What's your living environment - Poll

Post  Cluelesskitty Sat 28 May 2011, 4:55 pm

Bit further in the 'burbs..

Only because we couldn't afford a house in the city - I am a downtown girl!
Hubby, however, is a different story.
He loves country, and he'd love to have what you have, Char.

I however would compromise and buy a house in the city in the area with the least traffic, most greenery,
and certainly not in downtown, arrgh.

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

What's your living environment - Poll Empty Re: What's your living environment - Poll

Post  milo Sat 28 May 2011, 9:36 pm

Small town girl growin g up, big city girl now Smile Have been since I was 18 and moved across country all by myself to the big city. Smile
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Tue 31 May 2011, 11:53 am

I live in the outskirts of the suburbs. The delta is off to the west and lots of hills and open space to the west and north. The rest of the urban sprawl is to the south. It's a medium size town so we have all the amenities and it is just a short drive to get to more exciting places. I like a quiet neighborhood and pleasant neighbors so it is a nice place to live.

And I found a route that take me to work without having to get on the freeway. Woohoo!

alli
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  crt Wed 01 Jun 2011, 12:27 pm

Would you please post the approx population you have in mind for the different categories of cities/towns?

Thanks,

Chris

crt
One star
One star

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed 01 Jun 2011, 7:56 pm

Hey Chris,

I can't figure out how to edit the poll. What I had in mind for the small town was >1000. ( We lived in a village of 500 for awhile). Let's do it this way

Village >1000

Town 1000-20,000

City <20,000

Maybe Risa can add that to the poll for me. Can you tell I'm used to living in the boondocks? Do these seem too low? scratch
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down