The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poll on suicides and migraines

5 posters

Go down

Have you ever considered suicide because of your migraines?

Poll on suicides and migraines Vote_lcap31%Poll on suicides and migraines Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 4 ]
Poll on suicides and migraines Vote_lcap31%Poll on suicides and migraines Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 4 ]
Poll on suicides and migraines Vote_lcap15%Poll on suicides and migraines Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 2 ]
Poll on suicides and migraines Vote_lcap23%Poll on suicides and migraines Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 13

Poll on suicides and migraines Empty Poll on suicides and migraines

Post  milo Sat 06 Nov 2010, 3:09 pm

I posted this poll on a different site and was amazed at the results. Most of us have dealt with suicidal thoughts in the past due to our migraines. I think it's important that someone struggling knows that they are not alone and that most of us have had the same thoughts and made it through.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Poll on suicides and migraines Empty Re: Poll on suicides and migraines

Post  Paradox Sat 06 Nov 2010, 6:22 pm

Yes, I have considered suicide in the light of chronic constant pain. I am on a narcotic regime now that keeps me at a 2/3 pain scale which is tolerable. But prior to that when day in and day out it was never below a 5 and more frequently at 7/8 is was often on my mind.

I have determined the means, but never took steps to follow through. At my lowest point the only thing that held me back was that I didn't have the energy to write notes to my family.

It frustrates me when I read other people post "my Dr does not believe in narcotics". Pain is pain, and if it has been determined that narcotics are not causing MOH (I went on a four month drug holiday...no OTC, no preventative, no nothing. Just four excruciating months), then I feel Drs are remiss and cruel to not address the pain when nothing else works.
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Mon 11 Apr 2011, 7:28 pm

Bumping this because it's very important to me.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Mon 11 Apr 2011, 10:21 pm

That so many people are driven to consider it is a sad statement about our medical care providers.
No they may not have all the answers (and I'm sure they wish they did as much as we do), but they do have the ability to alleviate the suffering. Yet many doctors chose not to for many wrong headed reasons.

The voices of those in chronic pain need to find a way to come out. If it is all about the drug abusers, then doctors will continue to err on that side of the equation.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Tue 12 Apr 2011, 4:26 pm

It's so amazing to me. 77% of us have thought about suicide due to our migraines. I often talk about the stats that I have uncovered while on forums to the doctors that I see. I wish there was a louder way to make them know what a huge impact there is when they refuse to address pain management.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Mon 18 Apr 2011, 1:24 am

I have never considered strictly a suicide due to M,
but I often wished I could just quietly pass away during one.

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Mon 18 Apr 2011, 4:38 am

The migraines themselves didn't lead me there, but one of the meds my neuro put me on did, so I'm not sure what I should answer.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Tue 16 Aug 2011, 7:57 pm

Yesterday a young NHL star killed himself. Well, the cause of death has not officially been announced but they have said all the things they say when it's a suicide but not "official".

He was not new to depression. He had only just started to talk to the media abot his fight with depression. Sadly, the depression won.

I just wanted to bring this up again, as I know how difficukt it is for us with migraines when things are really bad.

Please reach out if you are in a bad place. And if you don't get the response you need, reach out again.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down