The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

f...........! What is going on with my brain???

+3
steph
Paradox
alli
7 posters

Go down

f...........! What is going on with my brain??? Empty f...........! What is going on with my brain???

Post  alli Fri 10 Jun 2011, 10:38 am

So I'm sitting at my desk going over a financial report with my boss when everything starts jiggling. So I tell him wait a sec while I wait for things to settle down and he says "oooo scary!" Sheeeeit! So I ask what my eyes were doing and he said they were jiggling all over. And within 5 minutes I can feel the migraine starting. There is NO shaking with this one.

I am heartily sick and tired of this. My balance is way off and I have vertigo along with my freaking head hurting.

Now I am on the serious hunt for a new neurologist. I have to figure out if things are getting worse or I am just having another bad spell of migraine and brain crap. PPPPPPPHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTT! Evil or Very Mad

alli
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

f...........! What is going on with my brain??? Empty Re: f...........! What is going on with my brain???

Post  Paradox Fri 10 Jun 2011, 12:59 pm

Oh man. Yup, gotta find out if this something new, or just a different manifestation of the old.

Just leave us alone already!!!!!! Mad (ummm...not YOU leave us alone Alli. Embarassed All these weird things that happen to all of us can leave us alone. I read that and boy, it sounded mean. I didn't mean that way...REALLY. pale )

Last edited by Paradox on Sat 11 Jun 2011, 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I sounded mean.....)
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

f...........! What is going on with my brain??? Empty Re: f...........! What is going on with my brain???

Post  steph Fri 10 Jun 2011, 1:02 pm

wow! I guess the one good thing is that there was someone who actually witnessed it! I hope you can get this figured out!! Good Luck and I am sorry to hear that this is happening!
steph
steph
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Fri 10 Jun 2011, 3:59 pm

If your eyes were actually moving, like you were looking from the ceiling to the floor a couple of times really quickly or from left to right, that's called nystagmus.

If you google it too much, you might beware getting googlitis, but I wanted you to have the correct term to tell the doc or optometrist. Dh has nystagmus all the time, and has since birth, his eyes don't notice the movement, but if I get a little with a migraine it gives me vertigo.

If it happens again, let your doc know about it, it isn't a huge issue, but they need to know.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Fri 10 Jun 2011, 7:35 pm

Oh Alli, you really have one thing after another!

Well I too, think it's time to go see neurologist seriously as any new manifestation calls for investigation.
It can be nothing, it can be something, probably nothing.

If you haven't felt anything, chances are you had this 'nystagmus" before just nobody witnessed this before.

Still, to err on the side of being safe, better see a doctor, for peace of mind.

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche Fan Sat 11 Jun 2011, 11:55 pm

did the lettering on the paper seem like it was coming up and down....some of my neuros describe that as "alice in wonderland effect."

scares the hell out of me. it really makes me think a stroke is imminent.

good luck!
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Mon 13 Jun 2011, 10:13 am

I get this occasionally, sometimes as a prelude to a migraine, sometimes it is just my eyes jiggling all over. I can't focus on anything as the jiggling is too strong. I have to wait it out and that takes a minute or so. But this was the first time anyone actually saw it. And since this was so close to the other incident, I don't like how close they are. In the past these episodes are weeks or months apart.

I also get the Alice in Wonderland effect but that is different. With that it is like the words are swimming around the page but my eyeballs do not jiggle like this other thing.

Such a PITA!!

And Yes... All this crap with my brain should just leave me alone!!

alli
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Thu 23 Jun 2011, 7:58 am

I'm sorry Alli..thinking of you

Greeneyes
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Thu 23 Jun 2011, 9:55 pm

If this is any consolation, you are in good company Alli.
This actor, you may have seen him in House, Constantine and probably other movies as well
has nystagmus, too:

Pruitt Taylor Vince
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0898546/
He has pathologic nystagmus, a condition which causes a person's eyes to move involuntarily.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pruitt_Taylor_Vince
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-e6IEHAR6A

hugs, sweetie
Risa

Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Fri 24 Jun 2011, 10:40 am

Yeah.. I've seen him. He's really good on the Mentalist.

I don't think I have what he has, just episodic eye jiggling usually associated with a migraine coming soon. His condition is life long.

alli
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Fri 24 Jun 2011, 5:18 pm

Oh, no, I didn't mean you have the exact same thing Alli,
just that a lot of people have similar stuff - the eye doing weird thing for various reason Smile

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Mon 27 Jun 2011, 10:12 am

I gotcha. I did look into that though when the jiggling started years ago and was happy to note that it wasn't Nystagmus. I still don't know what it is but since it seems to come as a prelude to a migraine, I think it is just part of my brain having a little temper tantrum. The doctors I've talked to about it have no clue.

alli
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down